KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Has Any One Done the Math on what it cost to Manifest A NewBorn Kitten ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm just curious of if anyone has done the math?
Or has someone told you and done the math them self?
How many people really think about these things?

Of coarse this information will be different for everyone if they add in the time ( Your Time is Worth Money). Some more than others ofcoarse because some people really educate them selves and learn the traits and other things needed to make certain boxes and ect. And searching out the perfect kitties to pair up. Oh and the cost of the Kitties in the first place.
And then there is the cost of housing your kitties.
And then there is also the way people Breed. Some Use Milk some don't. Some use Cuddles some don't. Some use Vitamins and some don't. and then are the ones that Cuddle their Babies when they can and use milk when that can't or no milk at all?
Oh and the cost of the boxes made by a pair that well I hate to say not worth very much to the market at this time? But that too is a cost that is there that woudl be in the cost of the overall cost of the boxes that would be wanted and sold.
So Do you think of these Things? Are you New to KittyCatS and think of these things?
Have you tried to figure it out and Math just not your thing? Or are you like me at times and a over thinker at times and try to figure out all the cost involved? ex. Hosing, the cost of the kitty in the first place? Time [well I don't do that one too much that would hurt my brain....lololol] and so many other factors involved?

Just curious about your thoughts and well do you?
Thanks~ Veet Smile A.K. Tigger BounceBounce
Hello Veet, I saw your thread so lonely that I needed to give my small contribution... because math is important.

I spent time breeding, making errors, learning as I go.... I finally got it.
I spent patience waiting for my traits to pass, I spent many hours in front of the computer... at some point I also did some auctions.
And Maths were not important, but in the end of the month I understand that I spend wayyyyy too much.

Thanks for the challenge and making me open a spreadsheet...

so here it goes (I really did it....)

http://goo.gl/3QeMkD

I hope it helps Wink
I am glad I don't buy in dollars, so I still have no clue how much is my kitty maths Wink

Ah... and in those Maths you got all your kitties for free.
I am sorry, too late to think about everything....

*include starter / collectible price*
might work on that tomorrow
Wink
There are also a couple notecards out there that Theo and Draco wrote up about the costs involved in breeding kittehs. I will send them to you when I am finally able to log in.
Here's what they say, our budgeting handout reads:
Love 5 - 140
Love 10 - 280
Catnap - 100
Break Up - 200
Energy 5 - 110
Energy 10 - 220
Get Well - 290

1 food - 170
5 food - 850 (no discount)
10 food - 1600 (1700 - 100 L discount)
20 food - 2980 (3400 - 420 L discount [149 L per bowl])

1 milk - 140
5 milk - 700 (no discount)
10 milk - 1350 (1500 - 50 L discount)
20 milk - 2600 (2800 - 200 L discount [130 L per bowl])

20 cats per month food+milk = 5580 L = ~22.5 USD
40 cats per month food+milk = 11160 L = ~45 USD
60 cats per month food+milk = 16740 L = ~67 USD
80 cats per month food+milk = 22320 L = ~89 USD
100 cats per month food+milk = 27900 L = ~111 USD

558 L per month per pair for food+milk = about 2.5 USD

Food+milk cost to make 1 kitten box = 140 L (rounded up)

Menagerie 1 cat/kitten box = 50 Kitty Bucks = 20 L
Menagerie 5 cats/kiten boxes = 250 Kitty Bucks = 100 L
Menagerie 10 cats/kiten boxes = 500 Kitty Bucks = 200 L

COMPARE & CONTRAST

1 kittycat's upkeep for 1 month = 279 L
1 colorpack of Truth hair = 250 L

Which gives you more joy over the course of a month? The answer may help you decide whether this is the breedable for you.

LAND PRICES

Average pet market charges 10 L per prim per month. (130 L per KittyCat w/o collar. 140L per KittyCat with collar.)

Azure Islands residential charges 6.3 L per prim per month. (82 L per KittyCat w/o collar. 88 L per KittyCat with collar.)

Most major (non-mainland) residential sims charge less than 7 L per prim per month. Always know how much you are paying per prim. Make certain that your breedables are allowed per the covenant to avoid expensive and troublesome sudden relocations.

To keep 10 KittyCatS at the average pet market for one month = 1300 L tier. (Presuming none wear collars, presuming no furniture. For collars, add 10 L per cat). Don't forget food/milk bowls. Add 10 L for every box you rez.

To keep 10 KittyCatS at the average residential parcel for one month = 820 L tier. (This is 480 L less per month per 10 cats than the average market. For 100 cats, this is 4800 L less, or about 20 USD.)

Data compiled by Theodore Nacht 6/26/11.

And then the pet budget handout:
If you choose to keep KittyCatS as pets rather than as a breedable (by selecting BREED OFF from the Breeding menu), it will greatly reduce your costs. If you love to play with your kitty, cuddle it, and experience the joy of its companionship and beauty without the economic demands of breeding, here's a rundown on what you can expect to spend.

1 KittyCat on pet level food will eat 1 bowl of food (170 L for the 1 bowl pack without bulk discount) every two months. That works out to 85 L per month for food. It will not drink milk, but will need cuddles to stay happy. With a collar (most pets have one, and they cost between 50 L and 100 L and are transferable for gifting), your KittyCat is 14 prims and will cost about 88L per month if you keep it on a non-mainland residential sim with average price per prim.

For a month's upkeep on a pet KittyCat, expect to spend fewer than 175 lindens. For 175 lindens per month upkeep, you can probably afford a one-time splash out on your dream KittyCat to keep as a pet. This makes them surprisingly affordable virtual companions.
Didn't someone do a speadsheet for all this a couple years ago?
Well, I did spend some time doing it yesterday... still to be completed during this weekend:

Ya'll Rock I did do the Math But I'm coming up with diff numbers. So I will look over my math to see where I went wrong? :/ I thought it would be a Great Post for people to read and get our information from since I didn't see any thing recently in the post. There is a Excel out there that i do remember seeing many many months ago but when I did look for it I couldn't find it. I even downloaded it on my laptop but i don't think it got saved on my flash drive before My computer powered off for the last time after it was dropped and broke. Sad(
Quantic I got to say when i first read your 1st post it have me a awesome smile and a awesome Laugh you freaking Rock! But it was in a good way! You did a Awesome Job! and yep I spend way to much too heheheheeh but shhhh don't tell no one k Big Grin
P.S. Just because I say I don't see something doesn't mean it is not there LOLOL! I have seem to be blind recently alot. It will be right there in front of me and could bite me on the nose and I still can't see it!Smile
Thank You ! Everyone! Ya'll Rock and any more input would be awesome and i will post my results as soon as i can get a chance to go over them again. My will hopefully say the same but might be presented in a diff way.
[quote='Quantic Kimono' pid='45617' dateline='1394757100']
Hello Veet, I saw your thread so lonely that I needed to give my small contribution... because math is important.

I spent time breeding, making errors, learning as I go.... I finally got it.
I spent patience waiting for my traits to pass, I spent many hours in front of the computer... at some point I also did some auctions.
And Maths were not important, but in the end of the month I understand that I spend wayyyyy too much.

Thanks for the challenge and making me open a spreadsheet...

so here it goes (I really did it....)

I hope it helps Wink
I am glad I don't buy in dollars, so I still have no clue how much is my kitty maths Wink

Awwww, dang it all!!!! Now you made me pull my head out of the sand and pay attention to what it actually costs to have all these kitties. Boooo.

Goes back and stuffs her head into the sand again.
LOLOL! Sorry but that is what i was kind of trying to do for many people out there. Smile

(03-16-2014 08:33 PM)Mellyn Llewellyn Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Quantic Kimono' pid='45617' dateline='1394757100']

Awwww, dang it all!!!! Now you made me pull my head out of the sand and pay attention to what it actually costs to have all these kitties. Boooo.

Goes back and stuffs her head into the sand again.
Ok here is the Math I did: Heart
(*NOTE: I buy the 20 packs so If you buy one of the Lower packs your cost will be higher)

Cost of Food per bowl = 149 / 4weeks = approx. L$37.25 a week per Kitty x 2 Kitties = L$74.50
Cost of Milk per bowl = 130 / 4 = approx. L$32.50 a week per Kitty x 2 Kitties = L$65.00
74.5 + 65 = L$139.50 for a week of Kibble and Milk for a pair of Kitties to produce a box But I will round up to L$140 to $150 cause I rarely catch a box right on the second or even right on the hour or sometimes not even on the same day.
O.K. so If No Use of Milk but use of cuddles every single day for the 30 minutes (+) to catch a box would be approx L$74.50
Here is a bit more Math for the Next Math Problem.
Cost of Food per bowl = 149 / 28 days = approx.L$5.32 a day per Kitty L$10.64 for a pair
L$10.64 x 10 days = L$106.40 to catch a box
Now the BIG Math I call it! The use of Vitamins
There are a few ways of doing this. But I figured out two diff ways only. The ones I think are the most common.
Ok the cost with 3 LOVE 10’s & Milk on top of Kibble which can cut a drop of a box down to only 5 days.
Ok we can sometimes give (3) LOVE10 in a 5 day period L$280 x 3 = L$840 per Kitty
L$840 x 2 Kitties = L$1680
Food: 5days x L$10.64 = L$53.20 for a pair of kitties
So L$1680 + L$53.20 = L$ 1733.20 to catch a box

Ok we can’t always time things right and it might be (2) LOVE10 + a LOVE5 will be all that is needed with 5-1/2 to 6 days ( I will go with 6 days)
Ok 280 x 2 +140 = L$700
6 x 10.64 = L$63.84 = L$700 = L$763.84 to catch a box

There are tons of other factors but this is pretty close I think. And I think I did My Math right this time?????
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's