KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Creepiness lately in the forums... :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I first joined KC one of the things I loved about it and the members was how welcoming and helpful everyone was. The customer service was the best I'd had run into since starting my SLife. I read through the threads almost on a daily basis and the trend I'm seeing is scaring me a little, part of what I loved reading in my early days of KC was the witty banter and fun yet serious discussions to be had on here. Pretty much any topic relating to KC was welcome as long as it was friendly. I don't know what has happened but the forums just don't feel the same anymore outside of the Showroom, probably cuz that one is pics based, discussions nowadays are somehow turned into "right" vs "wrong" topics or publicly calling out something that should be handled elsewhere. I always saw us as a community, and I thought part of that community spirit is the fact that so many of us have a different point of view and way of doing things, which creates sort of this melting pot of kitty lovers. In my opinion we used to be all united by the thrill of each kitty and we shared in the joys of other kitty victories as well. Now sadly I'm seeing less and less of that in here. What happened? Am I the only one seeing this and asking these questions? ConfusedHuhSad
Tatiana i'm so sorry you feel that way. Well yes alot of people even I call it the "KittyCatS Community" but it IS NOT it is a "Family" and just like in RL in SL Families have their Squabbles. And just like in RL behind every AV is a Human that is part of this "KittyCatS Family Community". Also just like RL Families this SL Family will work it out. There are many keys to resolve a Family Squabble but you got to start with communication. And that is what they are doing. Coming together as a Community Family and Communicating. Heart and ofcoarse there has been some poor communication, great communication and some misunderstood communication. It happens ! But it will be all good. This is one BIG freaking family 10,000 + members so there is bound to be some issues. and ofcoarse Family in business over the test of time has had some issues. Heart
I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure this Family will work it out with help from other Family members and if not all of the Family members overall most of will Heart
Thank you for your post Veet, I also see it as a family so I'm hopeful things will work itself out. I just needed to share and communicate my feelings on how I was seeing things. Thank you for your time and post. Have a nice day Smile
Yep We are A Awesome Family and Thank You For sharing! This Might help others that are feeling the same as you! Or others that don't feel the same. That is what Family is For Heart Huggies Heart
Faaaaaamiiiiiiilyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy *pounces and groupshugs while searching for cookies* :3
(03-17-2014 07:23 PM)jc aferdita Wrote: [ -> ]Faaaaaamiiiiiiilyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy *pounces and groupshugs while searching for cookies* :3

LOL! "We are family..." I keep thinking of the 70s song from Sister Sledge! Which then makes me remember the movie, THE BIRDCAGE, and the scene where Robin Williams and Nathan Lane help Gene Hackman and his family escape the drag queen club by dressing them as ... well, drag queens. Too funny! (I think the song in the movie might have been sung by The Pointer Sisters instead of Sister Sledge, but not sure.)

Here's a clip from the movie, for a feel-good laugh --- and a reminder of how crazy all of us SL KittyCatS fanatics are!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYLk34GCXbo

Oooh I LOVE that movie! :3 We should all have a movie night! With popcorn and cuddles! And cookies!
(03-18-2014 03:12 PM)jc aferdita Wrote: [ -> ]Oooh I LOVE that movie! :3 We should all have a movie night! With popcorn and cuddles! And cookies!

Great idea, jc! And maybe we could even have buttered-popcorn-flavored Jelly Bellies, too! (Those things amaze me - popcorn-flavored candy?!)

Okay.... another funny movie clip I just thought of, and had to watch, and am now laughing about while getting ready to get ready to go to work with the youth of America:

The bizarrely hilarious dinner scene from Beetlejuice, when everyone starts singing and dancing (some mighty fine dance moves to be seen here!) to Harry Belafonte's Day-O (The Banana Boat Song)! Big Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3j9jpBez8g

NOTE TO TATIANA: Hope this lightheartedness is helping to rid of us of some uncomfortable forum feelings, and get us back to the KittyCatS fun we love (even if this does not lend to the useful information we need)! Heart
Oh my - I had "The Birdcage" on VHS and haven't watched it since I got rid of those somewhere in a way too distant past (Am I getting old?!? Ack!) - now I definitely have to find it and watch it again! LOL

-Aaand I am just now listening to Harry Belafonte's "Banana Boat Song". This is from when my mother was 6 years old... But I remember it vividly from my childhood too.

This thread turned into pure nostalgia - but still, I am sure that the kindness and "family-feeling" in the KC community is more than just nostalgia. It is, always has been, and I am sure it will remain the kindest community and best CSR's in SL. Of course changes happen, and the sudden growth of the community that happened after the Firestorm kitty sure did bring changes - but "changes" is not the same as "broken" - and it's far from broken... very far from.

I am not one to be all flowery and over-sweet, but in this community I feel like I can do this without feeling sappy:

*GROUPHUGS* you all <3

-Saga
(03-18-2014 03:12 PM)jc aferdita Wrote: [ -> ]Oooh I LOVE that movie! :3 We should all have a movie night! With popcorn and cuddles! And cookies!
Yep! "Cat Shape" Cookies! oh i wonder if we can get Cat Shaped Popcorn? Tabby would Love that I know I would Heart

(03-19-2014 06:02 AM)CatSoleil Bellecoeur Wrote: [ -> ]And maybe we could even have buttered-popcorn-flavored Jelly Bellies, too! (Those things amaze me - popcorn-flavored candy?!)
They Have Buttered Popcorn Flavored Jelly Beans??????
Oh Wow! Totally got to got to the Candy Shop on 2nd street and Look for These! wooohoooo!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's