KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Disappointed in kitty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So i spent forever running around finding birthday cakes on the birthday hunt so I could receive the male cat. I wait for a long time and the male and female special cats finally produce a kitten. However, it's a 1T. How totally disappointing. I may think again before buying a special cat or wasting my time again. Sad
I'm a bit baffled by your post. Why wouldn't the cat be 1T? Or 2T or 3T or something? It's always a dice roll with any starter cat offspring. I don't think KC! promised any kind of special birth. I think a lot of people just like to have the nice male/female sets of the LEs.

For myself, I picked up the Girl birthday kitty, and did a few stops on the hunt for the boy, which was fun and I think meant to be a way to just introduce people to different markets. I didn't finish the hunt, because I didn't have time, but that's just the way of things. I'd say for any hunt on SL, they're only worth doing if you enjoy the hunting itself.
I honestly just enjoyed hunting and I didn't expect them to produce a special because it wasn't advertised as such. It was advertised as a LE costume kitty. A costume kitty usually has starter traits underneath and they may have hidden traits which if you pulled the hiddens you could have gotten something more exciting.
(03-10-2014 10:45 AM)CatherineG Walworth Wrote: [ -> ]So i spent forever running around finding birthday cakes on the birthday hunt so I could receive the male cat. I wait for a long time and the male and female special cats finally produce a kitten. However, it's a 1T. How totally disappointing. I may think again before buying a special cat or wasting my time again. Sad

You didn't buy the cats, and hunts are for those that have the time, and find it fun.

There are never any special cats from costumed kitties unless KC says there is, and free cats usually would not have them to prevent people from trying to sell them.

If you want to look for good traits from your 2 starters, breed them both with the best cats you have, a high # of traits and the most Recessive traits you can afford. When you breed two generic starters together, you usually find out nothing and get mostly generic traits, a 0T to 3T cat at most.
When you breed two starter cats with hidden recessive genes, there is a one in four chance of both hidden traits from the two parents passing and then showing in a box, to produce an offspring with something other than a genesis trait. So with a total of nine different traits to find each time, on average, you’ll see roughly two new traits in your boxes – sometimes more, sometimes less. This time you were slightly unlucky. Perhaps next time, you’ll see two new traits or perhaps you might even find more! Who knows? However, that’s the nature of the game. It’s what makes this process so much fun. You can never guarantee what you will get.

At least, for you, both the cats were free and you got free food with each of them too. So, your outlay was minimal (assuming that you bought a further bowl of food.)

As for the hunt, my brother and I did it too and we thoroughly enjoyed running around and looking for hidden cakes. For us, it was a large “hide and seek” game across many different sims. If you don’t enjoy going on hunts, perhaps that was “not for you.”

I hope that you may stick around and continue “playing” this KittyCatS game. It can really be great fun - it really can be! However, if you didn't enjoy it, then it just might not be for you. There are so many different other ventures to explore on Second Life that, if KittyCatS is not for you, then there are many more other avenues to try.

Very good luck with whatever you look for.
I really thought Kittycats were being wonderfully generous as always by providing two adorable cats to celebrate their birthday. The hunt was load of fun. I found it enjoyable and I love the two kitties even if they won't produce any special offspring.

Take the kitties for what they most definitely were...a nice overture from Kittycats to enjoy. No one was forced to take the free kitties or do the hunt. It was there to be fun and enjoyable. That is what I got from the experience and I'm thankful I got to take part.
I too enjoyed the hunt and the first kitty I got from them was 1T as well on the whiskers so disappointing but that didn't stop me trying again and my second kitty was a 3T with Chateau Cat - 3-spot No.2 fur small eyes and Boo Boo ears so I was very happy. After that I decided to breed them with my RomantiCats! who had a Precious Peasant Teacup with no special traits. This time From my RomantiCats girl and B'day boy I found Siamese Blue and Foxie Ears with a Curious Tail and White Whiskers so pulled 4 new traits from my starters. Don't give up the traits are there just waiting to pop out. Just for interest the B'day girl and RomantiCats! boy threw the same mysterious Whiskers as my B'day cats first pairing.
Whilst I love to breed with traited cats nothing beats the excitement of pulling a nice trait from 2 starter cats.
I'm very happy I got the boy because he gave me my first megapuss! Don't give up and don't pair them together Smile
sorry.. can't keep my fingers in pockets..
when kc had a begin was all new and we did not know nothing on breeding.. so we had to discover all by ourself and only after a lot of time someone decided to find a way to share what we discovered and put all the infos togheter.
now we are 10k members.
there are zillions of websites that explain everything.
only here in the forum there are superzillions of posts that explain how the breeding system works and suggest how try to obtain best results in you breedings..
and don't nomine saga's sheets..
or the mainchat!!! where when someone ask a questions there are dozen menthors ready to talk, explain, share.

you had two (beautiful) kittens free.

just had to read (for free!) some informations or ask, just ask......
That's how it works. Plain and simple. You didn't get ripped off. Awesome cats you have to work for they arent auto handed.

(03-10-2014 10:45 AM)CatherineG Walworth Wrote: [ -> ]How totally disappointing. I may think again before buying a special cat or wasting my time again. Sad

Ps good cats take time and effort.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's