KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Pandie Platinum + Oci Ebony Silver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I mentioned yesterday that one of my projects is a 9T pandie plat line with a tiger curl tail.

I am very very close, but i need a bit of advice.

The mom, Gretel is my closest chance. She is a 7T plat with tiger curl tail herself. Her mom, Goldie and grandma are both plats also. I was able to get Gretel by breeding Goldie and Lox, a 9T occicat ebony silver.

Lox's line is where the tiger curl tail comes from. His line is ebony silvers as far back as i can see.

I've been breeding Lox and Gretel to try to pull the plat down. all of their kids so far have had the tiger curl tail I want, but they've all also been occi's, and none have been 9t. Their most recent one is a male 8T. I am trying to decide if I should unbox him and breed him with Gretel so that there are plats on both side of his line, since near as i can tell plats are dominant to ebony silvers.

I sort of want to hold off until i can breed an actual plat before i start back breeding again, but I am not sure if that is wise.

any suggestions?

thanks
Everytime I have bred a pandie plat with a 9t ocicat ebony silver it usually works, well for me it has. Every now and then i'll get a bali cream thrown in there somehow. I would probably back breed if you're having trouble pulling the pandie plat with the tiger curl. I am not the best to answer this but I have back bred some of my pandies for different eye colors I want passed down and I haven't had any problems yet but passing tails and the fur you want wll probably take some time. Good luck!
As you say Karloff, Pandie Plat is apparently dominant to E&S, therefore those E&S boxes can only be hiding E&S or more recessive as a hidden fur can in fact never be more dominant than the shown, always same or more recessive, so to use only if there is trait interest i think, as the fact of there being Pandie in background will not help.

You don't say though if Lox is showing or hiding the tail you want, if he isn't then it could be a better idea to use the 8T male showing it, one step surer once you manage the pan die.
If he is then Lox and Gretel should eventually give Gretel's shown fur you just have to keep trying and hope for a boy so you can breed back.
It would of course be easier to advise the best course of action if we could see the pedigrees.

Of course if you wanted E&S they'd be giving you Pandie all the time (Tongue), and in fact the odds favor the shown dominant passing rather than hidden recessive.

Hope all this makes sense and good luck.
sorry...i don't know how to attack pedigrees in here...

yes, Lox is showing tiger curl himself, and all of he and Gretel's kids have had them...which is pretty great. Smile

in fact, by total accident when they are both sleeping their tails make a little heart.

just wish they'd grab her fur...
Reference URL's