KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: my poor first kittycat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I birthed my first cat a month ago, bought food, other cats and really got into it.

Now I like cats and have been on SL awhile so I remembered vaguely buying a kitty a long time ago and getting a message that she ran away because I didn't feed her. I started thinking about that and thought all the times my kittycats disappear now and then end up in my Lost or Objects folder. So I thought maybe I should look in my alts inventory and see if I can find another kitty and sure enough I found this poor baby. Poor baby, I never fed her, not even once because back then I didn't know you're supposed to feed them.

[Image: 197f771a18b88f059cec0595122a16b7.png]

She is so unhappy -20211%. I feel so sorry for her. I think I'll permapet next payday as my first kitty I never knew I had.

I also found an unopened box with a genesis Coco (not even II) I can't put the box in the cattery to see the pedigree because the menu is so old there is no cattery button even when I use the updater.
The sick kitty will be fine in a week.

The huge unhapiness should clear to 0% in a while if left in-world; otherwise file a ticket.

The ancient box: file a ticket.
Wow, she is a really old kitty! A historic kitty! My oldest is 999 days today, and he's a relative youngster. I wonder how many first-year Genesis kitties are around anymore? You may have a real rarity on your hands.
Charm has 4 over 1,000 days. Her eldest is "Ole Blue Eyes" from Valentine's Day, 2011: age today 1107. By my calculations, that puts the birth date as 13 Feb 2011. The cat's ID number is 2213, putting him somewhere around the 3,500th oldest cat, so there should be a few thousand older cats. BTW, she didn't need the new feature .. she never sent it to the Menagerie.
Wow, I have never seen a cat at 20211% unhappy. I think she must hold the record for being the most unhappiest cat on the grid!

You're got a perfect grumpy cat there!
I want to see a picture of her when she is all recovered and frisky. We know she'll be so happy.
(02-24-2014 02:53 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote: [ -> ]Charm has 4 over 1,000 days. Her eldest is "Ole Blue Eyes" from Valentine's Day, 2011: age today 1107. By my calculations, that puts the birth date as 13 Feb 2011. ... BTW, she didn't need the new feature .. she never sent it to the Menagerie.

LOL! Tad, this post of yours made me go check my own inventory!

I have 17 cats over 1,000 days old ... plus one that is 999 today. My oldest is also 1107 days, and she, too, is one of the 2011 SweetCatS from Valentine's day ("All Mine," the green one). AND, she was never sent to the menagerie, either. Wink

We do love our KittyCatS!

(02-24-2014 02:14 PM)Petronilla Whitfield Wrote: [ -> ] I wonder how many first-year Genesis kitties are around anymore?

Petronilla, I saved quite a few of my Genesis 1 kitten boxes, and a good number of the cats. Once the newer Genesis furs began being released, I just had to hang on to the "loves" from my beginnings with this wonderful breedable.

One of the things I do every now and then is count things.

The 'eldest cat' talk prompted me to ask how many "Old Timers" are still around. OK. Bad term .. "Early Adopters" is the preferred term. So, I counted from the first 250 accounts (no, Charm didn't make the list; she's number 261; and I am far off it at 637).

I cut off "still around" at 120 days on the assumption that if you've not been on the Forum, not used the Cattery, and not checked the Pedigree of any cat for over 120 days than you are not "active."

That put the cut-off date as March 17, 2011 .. about 3 months (88 days) after the December 20 start-date for the web site.

There are 47 "early adopters" still around. That's 18.8% and, from what I've seen looking at other breedables, simply amazing.
(02-24-2014 05:32 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote: [ -> ]One of the things I do every now and then is count things.

The 'eldest cat' talk prompted me to ask how many "Old Timers" are still around. OK. Bad term .. "Early Adopters" is the preferred term. So, I counted from the first 250 accounts (no, Charm didn't make the list; she's number 261; and I am far off it at 637). ...

Wow! Not only are the statistics amazing (and a reflection of the quality, fun, and staying-power of KittyCatS!), but your ability to track down - and process - all these statistics is impressive!

How/where did you find a chronological list of accounts from the dawn of time... errrr, the beginning of KittyCatS? I know I joined near mid-April 2011; what number am I?

I get it from the web site, by hand, using public interfaces. No, I won't say which, but that's because I don't want a bunch of people whapping away, not because it's any great secret.

But, here's a hint: CatSoleil Bellecoeur, user number 380, joined 04-20-2011, 89 Forum posts; 3 Weeks, 6 Days, 31 Minutes, 5 Seconds spend, so far, on the KittyCatS web site.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's