KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: some perspective on giveaways and treasure hunts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some perspective on giveaways and treasure hunts:

The annual KittyCatS birthday giveaway and hunt is like opening a box of one of your favorite products (perhaps cereal, or Cracker Jacks, or tea) and finding a very nice free item. With that item you also find a special offer: If you take a good look at seventeen other products you may or may not be familiar with and find their hidden coupons, the KittyCatS company will send you another very nice item. Ooh!

This gives you three options:

1) Perhaps you think, well, I don't think I can really go around and try all those seventeen things, but, oh, this item I got is really neat. Thank you KittyCatS! And you go on your merry way. Perhaps you even have a look at a few of them anyway.

2) Perhaps you think, oh yeah, I can do those seventeen things all by myself. And you go on your merry way.

3) Perhaps you think, I'm going to look at those seventeen things but I don't think I can do it all by myself. So over a few days you ask half a dozen (or even seventeen!) different friends or acquaintances to help you look at one or two each. And you go on your merry way.

One more thing: The purpose of a hunt is to give you exposure to shops and markets you probably have not been to before. You might even be glad you discovered some of them.
Indeed, I visited markets I never knew existed during hunt.
I completely agree, very well spoken. I found places I didn't even know existed and the way SL keeps changing with shops opening and closing it was nice to find some shops and breeders to meet. I for one am not usually fond of hunts as they confuse me but I was pleasantly surprised at this one and enjoyed it very much. Thank you Kitty Cats for putting together terrific kitties and for making the hunt a perfect balance of challenge and ease. Looking forward to next year's hunt already lol Tongue
As my main man Scooter put it... "The chase is better than the catch" Angel

(02-09-2014 05:55 AM)Rocky Balzibo Wrote: [ -> ]As my main man Scooter put it... "The chase is better than the catch" Angel

Big Grin LOL Rocky! Posting this video was a perfectly clever and fun reminder! Thank you!

@ Mister Rocky:

How much is the fish? One pound, of course.

((Song starts at 33 seconds.))
Yes, I understand some people got frustrated who were fairly new to KC and didn't know we have such hunt each year.
Probably they weren't as prepared as we were.
I understand that as well.
I mean I had my survival package ready!
But hey!, Equinox was smart but we were smarter Wink
Reference URL's