KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Need Help with Market Place & Custom Collars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok
I was told that I need to put items that are no Copy to me into the Magic Box. Like New born kitten boxes. Which the Custom Collars and Hats are also. So I figure I need to put those in there also?
I have Mine bagged.
But when i put the bags into the Magic box the end of the name of the ones that are the same changes. 1, 2, 3 and ect.
How do I hook it up so that when the 1st one is sold the 2nd one put in the box is pulled for the next purchase?
I don't think you can do that sadly Sad no copy items and items with different names are done differently than copy items.
Sad Thanks Sanura I know there is a way back in '07 or '08 I remember there being away of doing this i think. Maybe i'm remembering wrong ?
So what am i to do when the first one sales?
Do I just back in and add another listing?
am using the Magic Box on Marketplace...when something sells, I have it set up to get an email notify...then I log into merchant home and de-list that item so a 0 quantity listing doesnt show up in my store (frustrating for the buyers). I also name each box and item listing with a unique ID (I use date/cat 140210 Snowshoe Blue girl for example) so I can figure out which cat sold. There may be a better way to do this, I am not an experienced Marketplace seller Smile
(02-06-2014 10:08 PM)VeetMesser Resident Wrote: [ -> ]ok
I was told that I need to put items that are no Copy to me into the Magic Box. Like New born kitten boxes. Which the Custom Collars and Hats are also. So I figure I need to put those in there also?
I have Mine bagged.
But when i put the bags into the Magic box the end of the name of the ones that are the same changes. 1, 2, 3 and ect.
How do I hook it up so that when the 1st one is sold the 2nd one put in the box is pulled for the next purchase?

Sanura is right. Nowadays only unique items can be sold through the Magic Box. Which means you can't queue them.

The reason the Magic Box is still in use is to cope with one-of-a-kind items, breedables being a fine example. It seems the Merchant Outbox is problematic about transferring unique items from one inventory to another, so the Magic Box is used as a sort of drop box.

I assume the collars and hats you're selling are technically unique but you've made a bunch that look identical? If so, the Magic Box is indeed the only way to sell them on Marketplace and you have two options:

- You can give all of them slightly different names and have them all up on Marketplace simultaneously. Be warned that this has occasionally caused merchants difficulty, as sometimes the items will be recognized as being the same and those listings will be deactivated.

Or

- You can wait until one sells then put an identically-named one (it must be exact) into the Magic Box, synchronize, and Marketplace will assume it goes with the same listing as the one that sold. (You will probably have to go into the listing and change the quantity from 0 to 1 again.)

(02-08-2014 10:27 AM)Malayaa Resident Wrote: [ -> ]...then I log into merchant home and de-list that item so a 0 quantity listing doesnt show up in my store (frustrating for the buyers).

Yeah, that bug came in with SSA. The listings will correct themselves when you add an item to the Magic Box, but not when an item is removed. So you have to do what you've been doing, log into Marketplace and deactivate (uncheck) the items that have sold so they'll stop showing to shoppers.

Ugh, speaking of annoying features!: If you do two posts in a row in this forum, they are put into one with a hard return so it looks like a signature. Confusing!
Reference URL's