KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Still a bit confuzzled about traits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hiyas, am just starting breeding my KittyCats and not sure I understand traits really well. (I do know about actual genetics Wink )

one of my kitties is this:

Fur: RFL Seaons Of Hope - Fall
Eyes: Changing Leaf (Shape: Mysterious | Pupil: Big)
Shade: Flair
Tail: Plush
Ears: Genesis
Size: 21 cm (8.2 inch) - Toy Cat

Collar: RFL 2011 Engraved - Fall

so, how many traits does this kittycat have then?
Thanks for educating me! Smile

oh, I should mention too, the above info is what I see when I click on her direct for Info.... in her kits, where her MOM details are listed, it gives her fur as Genesis Domino, and her eyes, as Genesis Meadow.
The RFL kitties are basically starter kitties wearing a costume - so in the traditional sense it has no traits.

HOWEVER, RFL kitties are currently the only kitties that can pass several new traits, including new chateau furs and ocicat furs(!) as well as the eyes that you actually see on your cat. (The eyes are not guaranteed, but it's the only place you can get them). This is in addition to the treasure trove of things you can pull from your cat (I <3 starters because they are full of awesome surprises).

Normal starter packs won't have these traits until 7/18 (I believe that's the date).

You also have one of the TOY limited edition kitties, which, although it doesn't pass (sizes are a random drop from the kitty gods) is sort of a trait because there's a market for kitties with the sizes.

You have the Fall Toy Limited kitty! Which means no other kitty on the grid is or ever will be exactly the same. That's pretty awesome! I'm jealous. Big Grin

BTW - The domino and meadow are her starter traits under the costume, but genesis traits show for any starter (which is just any cat without parents). The question is, what is hidden?
Kyorisa, thank you very much! I think I'm beginning to get a glimmer hereSmile

One of her kittens has the Domino fur, and Illume Shade with Soft Fold ears. I was thinking the shade and ears must have come from my lil RFL kitty bec the Daddy does not show any of those nor do his parents. He does have Gen Meadow eyes though so I suppose those could have come from Daddy rather than Mummy.

and thankyou, yes I am so glad to have gotten her. She is one I will keep permanentlySmile she has the sweetest lil face which I fell in love with the first time I saw her Smile
It sounds likely that those traits came from your RFL kitty Big Grin.

The funny thing about shades, at least, is that they seem to have to have a shade from each parent to show - at least that's what I've noticed in my own breeding and what I've heard from others. So it's likely that you have a shade hidden in both of your kitties!

And congrats, soft fold ears have been a pain for me to get them to pass. Smile
Reference URL's