KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Traceability/Visibility for Kitten Boxes & Lineages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed recently while co-breeding with my roommate, that if I went to look at the pedigree for my male Advent cat that had been paired to her female, that the kitten boxes she kept, were not shown in my cat's pedigree line at all, though the kittens that were produced from pairing that same male to a different female of mine, did show.

Granted, as long as you pair the same two cats together, trying to determine where traits, etc. come from is not as difficult, the lack of visibility when cats are co-bred or when receiving a cat in it's later days, it makes it much more difficult to see how traits and such are coming through the lines, and therefore to breed for a certain trait.

It would be wonderful if the visibility for all kittens produced by a cat (either side of the lineage) was shown so that you could trace traits better, regardless of ownership.

It's already in the system that the breeder name and owner name can be 'someone else', so there's no loss of privacy, but the possibilities it would open by allowing a breeder to get a greater view of what a cat has produced would be wonderful.

Maybe, pretty pleaseeee - could we get more visibility on lineages & kitten boxes?
I totally support and personally i would have no problem with full access to all lineage for any of my kitties and i'd love to know what those that i've sold or given have produced too.
But i doubt very much that your request will meet approval, just take a look at this thread : http://kittycats.biz/forum/showthread.php?tid=7382 where there was question of showing or not the names of the breeders, which is the reason that we're now stuck with "someone else" or "you" as breeder. Much hype about nothing IMO but some WILL use multiple alts to breed and don't want them to be known although we know them anyhow lol.
Good morning and thanks for your reply and the reference, though thankfully they're not quite the same. Regardless of owner/breeder I could care less what name it does or doesn't show, I would just like to have the lineages be more visible, it shouldn't affect the name issue at all.

If it's one you've bred, and it tags your name on your screen or not, either way, I'd just like to see all the boxes/kits that my cats have produced.

Thanks for your support, and fingers crossed!
I'm delighted to say that even though it won't work in retrospect, KittyCats was kind enough to allow lineages/kittens to show from here forward for any cats, male or female that you own. So though it won't work with any up before 1/30/14 - it's still a wonderful option and I'm delighted they've implemented it.

Thank you!!!!
Reference URL's