KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Home Point Rotations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After having spoken extensively with my friends, partner, and members of the KittyCatS Breeders Guild, I've discovered that we share unanimous frustration with a certain issue, and Callie suggested I post it in the forum so that it could be duly recorded.

Formerly we were able to rez cats, set their home point--including saving the rotation of their bodies--and when they were permitted to wander, they would all return to their exact saved position when they fell asleep or were jumped home. Some time ago, they started to land home at random. Many of us have upwards of 20 cats (my husband and I have 200 between us), and when we place them so carefully to get maximum cuteness and space efficiency, having adjacent kitties' bodies merged like freak show acts upon relocation home is not desirable. I know some of us like to position our paired kitties so that they're head to tail or their tails form a heart while they sleep. For those who want to position them to doze on a chair arm or window ledge (such as our RL cats so love) this gap in functionality makes that impossible also.

I strongly encourage you to restore this functionality so that we can precision place our kittycats. It would be a time-saver for those of us who spend a lot of time adjusting them to avoid Frankenkitties in our showrooms and homes or just to be able to see their little faces from a certain angle while we're sitting in our favorite cuddle chair with our honey. The convenience, aesthetic control, and ease of use we previously enjoyed with that feature has been sorely missed by myself, my friends, and many guildmates.

I know there are many bugs and features you're working on, but given how many people I've talked to who really want to revert to this mode of functionality and how much energy it would save so many of us, I felt compelled to share their concerns. Thank you for your consideration!
Seconded.

I originally feared that something might have messed up the cats after cuddling and dropping them and they suddenly lay facing a totally different direction than originally intended, so I always reset the home position. Storing the rotation would save some manual adjusting, indeed. Smile
(06-25-2011 07:14 AM)Lillith Hapmouche Wrote: [ -> ]Seconded.

I originally feared that something might have messed up the cats after cuddling and dropping them and they suddenly lay facing a totally different direction than originally intended, so I always reset the home position. Storing the rotation would save some manual adjusting, indeed. Smile

oohhh I jump on that .... twisting them every time they return home also makes these Cuties dizzy I would assume Big Grin
(06-25-2011 07:14 AM)Lillith Hapmouche Wrote: [ -> ]Seconded.

thirded.
hi All Smile

The reason why it was left out in 1.05/1.06 was because of 2 problems with the first implementation:

* Cats with default (zero) rotation (set when born or rezzed) lined up all straight in the same direction when they went to sleep, looking like robots.

* Some of you had problems getting their cat straight again as they were rotated wrongly the moment the home position was set.

In the next update a more "smart" version of this functionally will be reintroduced:

* the home rotation will only be restored if its not zero, avoiding a line up when they go to sleep.

* Only the rotation around the Z Axis will be restored, avoiding cats bending over to one side.

Regards,
KittyCatS.
(06-25-2011 11:37 AM)KittyCatS Wrote: [ -> ]In the next update a more "smart" version of this functionally will be reintroduced:

* the home rotation will only be restored if its not zero, avoiding a line up when they go to sleep.

* Only the rotation around the Z Axis will be restored, avoiding cats bending over to one side.

Thanks so much! This is fantastic news. I also appreciate that you let us know why it was discontinued originally. It's so nice that you guys have that kind of transparency with decision making, because it goes a long way toward keeping my faith in your choices strong.
1.06?? when/why not yet? Smile
Reference URL's