KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Price for a Captain Invincible TOY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone! I just started to breed my cats, and my first baby was a Captain Invincible TOY!!! I looked some markets, but I didn't see any Captain TOY. How much can I ask for it? If I want to trade it for a couple of PurrBalls, will I lose money?

SuperCatS! - Captain Invincible
Fur: Genesis - Smokey III
Eyes: Grape Ice (Curious|Big)
Shade: Natural
Tail: Genesis
Ears: Genesis
Whiskers: Silver (Guitar)
Size: Toy
Well, let's say that I ask 1500 L$ for it. Is it fair, too expensive or too cheap?
Depends upon who you ask. Buyers will say too expensive, sellers, too cheap.

Personally, I'd put it out at a high price, say 5K or 10K. If it doesn't sell in a month or two, drop the price a bit. You've held it for a year, a few more months won't matter. For sure, if I put it out for 1.5K and it sold in only a couple weeks, I'd kick myself for asking too little.
(12-12-2013 02:38 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote: [ -> ]Depends upon who you ask. Buyers will say too expensive, sellers, too cheap.

Personally, I'd put it out at a high price, say 5K or 10K. If it doesn't sell in a month or two, drop the price a bit. You've held it for a year, a few more months won't matter. For sure, if I put it out for 1.5K and it sold in only a couple weeks, I'd kick myself for asking too little.

This Captain born three days ago, more or less. Why do you say that I held it for a year??? But I thank you for your answer.
I thought you were referring to an older collectible. I must have crossed threads in my thinking. So, reword it from

"you have held it for a year"

to

"you should hold it for a year or two"

If you've not taken it from the box, yet, don't. It's value, today, as a breeder is probably marginal (since it's a single-trait offspring of starters) and will be all but non-existent in a year or two. While some disagree, I've always felt, unless there is a GOOD reason to breed it, collectibles are best left boxed.
(12-12-2013 10:31 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote: [ -> ]I thought you were referring to an older collectible. I must have crossed threads in my thinking. So, reword it from

"you have held it for a year"

to

"you should hold it for a year or two"

If you've not taken it from the box, yet, don't. It's value, today, as a breeder is probably marginal (since it's a single-trait offspring of starters) and will be all but non-existent in a year or two. While some disagree, I've always felt, unless there is a GOOD reason to breed it, collectibles are best left boxed.

I take the KittyCats as a game. I enjoy very much to see my cats alive, running, jumping and saying Hello to me, so my plan is to PermaPet all the cats that I have, after breed them. I have them not to make money with them, but to enjoy them. Finally I traded my Captain for two PurrBalls, because that is what I want most. So now I have my new couple in the cattery!!!

Oh, Tad, and I must say this: THANK YOU for your "Build-a-Cat" page. It's a great tool!! I use it all the time when I go to shopping some new cats!!! And I have all my cats catalogued with it!
Just remember if trading your Captain for two PurrBalls made you happy then that was a GOOD trade. KittyCats are here to make you happy and not stress about how much money you can make. It is about how happy you are in the simple joy they bring to you. I think your trade was well worth it. Smile Happy Breeding! And good luck!

[/quote]

I take the KittyCats as a game. I enjoy very much to see my cats alive, running, jumping and saying Hello to me, so my plan is to PermaPet all the cats that I have, after breed them. I have them not to make money with them, but to enjoy them. Finally I traded my Captain for two PurrBalls, because that is what I want most. So now I have my new couple in the cattery!!!

Oh, Tad, and I must say this: THANK YOU for your "Build-a-Cat" page. It's a great tool!! I use it all the time when I go to shopping some new cats!!! And I have all my cats catalogued with it!

[/quote]
(12-19-2013 08:20 PM)Brunabug Nightfire Wrote: [ -> ]Just remember if trading your Captain for two PurrBalls made you happy then that was a GOOD trade. KittyCats are here to make you happy and not stress about how much money you can make. It is about how happy you are in the simple joy they bring to you. I think your trade was well worth it. Smile Happy Breeding! And good luck!

You are right, Brunabug. I'm really happy for the trade, and I don't regret any linden that I would have gained for sell it. I really really enjoy my kitties!!!

Funky sizes of the limited issue type can generate some decent coin.

$1500 linden for a toy superhero is a great price for a buyer.

Not a great price for you.

You can do better.

I sold a teacup royal for 5k once.

Depends whos looking, and if they can find you.

Once the supply is gone from the shelves,

the price one can command is substantially cranked up.

No. I wont pay 20k for anything,

unless its a MEGA jewel cat.

Something so comically rare that few ever even see one.

Best of luck in your endeavors!
well i bidded the boss toy at an auction for 1.2k i think that would give you an idea... merry xmas
Reference URL's