KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Clueless about Traits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all- I've gotten somewhat of an idea of some of the traits, but is there a clear way to be able to figure it out, or resources I can review? I'm newer to breeding and eager to be less noobish about it.

An example of one I'm not sure about:

Fur: Bengal - Tawny
Eyes: Odyssey Carnival (Shape: Mysterious | Pupil: Big)
Shade: Flair
Tail: Mysterious
Ears: Pointed Soft Fold
Whiskers: White (Shape: Guitar)
Size: Normal

Thanks for any/all input!
(11-24-2013 10:21 AM)AbriannaOceanside Resident Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all- I've gotten somewhat of an idea of some of the traits, but is there a clear way to be able to figure it out, or resources I can review? I'm newer to breeding and eager to be less noobish about it.

An example of one I'm not sure about:

Fur: Bengal - Tawny
Eyes: Odyssey Carnival (Shape: Mysterious | Pupil: Big)
Shade: Flair
Tail: Mysterious
Ears: Pointed Soft Fold
Whiskers: White (Shape: Guitar)
Size: Normal

Thanks for any/all input!

That cat is 7 traits (the big pupil and guitar whisker shape are 'genesis' and therefore not counted). Here's the list of 'genesis' traits -- anything not on this list is 'countable':

Genesis Traits:
Fur: Genesis XXX (Domino, Diamond, Coco, Smokey, Flame, plus the II & III versions)
Eye Color: Genesis XXX (Earth, Meadow, Sunshine, Water, Odyssey)
Eye Shape: Curious
Pupil Size: Big
Shade: Natural
Tail: Genesis
Ears: Genesis
Whisker Color: Silver
Whisker Shape: Guitar
When we say "This cat has 7 traits" this is a short-hand for "This cat shows 7 trait values which do not appear in starters, and 2 which do."

Strictly speaking, all cats show nine (9) traits: Fur, Eye Color, Eye Shape, Pupil Size, Shade, Tail, Ears, Whisker Color and Whisker Shape.

For each of these traits, there are a number of values. Some have a lot, some only a few. Pupil Size, for instance, only has two values: Small and Big. Fur, on the other hand, for example, has several dozen.

All starters show a very limited selection from these trait values. Liriel has them listed above.

Historically, we, the players, only "count" traits which do NOT appear on starters. So, when we say "has a fur trait" we mean is shows one of the several dozen fur trait values, but NOT one which might be shown on a starter (all of which happen to have the word "Genesis").

Your example cat shows Pupil Size: Big and Whisker Shape: Guitar. So, while, yes, technically, it always has 9 traits, we don't count those two, since they are shown on starters.
Thanks so much- that makes so much more sense!
Reference URL's