KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Question about Pedigree file on the websit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am really enjoying the Pedigree pages we get on our website membership, it is good way to keep track of cats. However, I have a question. If I sell or give away a cat will it disappear from the lineages I see on my pages? For example, if is sell or give a box from a new born I breed, when I pull the the mother or father will see that off spring still as a record? Or does it disappear once it is no long under my ownership?

This is really sort of a record keeping question I guess.

Thanks -- I enjoy the thoughtful responses I get to my questions here!
Don't worry, when you look at the parents, you will still see the offspring in your pedigree charts, even though if they are now owned by someone else.
(11-12-2013 02:29 PM)Troubadoura Resident Wrote: [ -> ]For example, if is sell or give a box from a new born I breed, when I pull the the mother or father will see that off spring still as a record? Or does it disappear once it is no long under my ownership?

Boxes you see and can pull up to see the parents if you where the breeder that owned the mom at the time the box came along. Which is good if you see a box you want to open and click on the parent to see if you have any siblings. Even boxes you bred and no longer own fall into this to see if you have other siblings. You just can see any offspring only if it's live or still boxed and who has it.

Same goes for live, if you have boxes by a parent you will see any offspring that you have, not what came before or after by someone else though. If you don't have any boxes then you'll get to typical you aren't the owner error page if you aren't the owner anymore.
Reference URL's