KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Kittys in 2D form
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I put my Kitty in 2D form to save prims, will he still move around? How do I keep live cat from moving around?
I don't know for sure, because I've never used 2D mode for my cats, but I would imagine it stays pretty still, since it's a flat image. If you want to keep your cats from moving around in general, touch for menu > Animations > uncheck Walk/Run.
All low prim modes keep the kitty from moving. Only in 3D with the walk/run marked will they animate.
Hi Troubadoura,

Your cats won't move in 2D mode, but, don't forget to reset their home point
if you move them after you have turned them into 2D or they will still "jump"
there when they fall asleep.

Smile
All the low prim modes will keep a cat from moving. Some are lower prim than others. Also, a full-prim cat can be stopped from moving around if you uncheck Walk/Run in the Animations menu, and if you also uncheck Sit/Lay it won't even sit and lie down in place.

Note that not moving does NOT stop them from mating. The only ways to be sure a cat makes a box only with a specific other cat is to either partner it or make sure no other cats of the opposite sex have a range that overlaps the non-moving cat's range.
I just did realise,
that my cat still moves IN BASKET MODE Huh

Now i did put it into 2D mode
to see if it still moves away
from the position i did place it. Dodgy
Xenia,

as Kitty said above :

"Your cats won't move in 2D mode, but, don't forget to reset their home point
if you move them after you have turned them into 2D or they will still "jump"
there when they fall asleep."

It's the same whatever low prim mode you use, they will always jump back to
their home when they fall asleep.