KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Pedigree Giver Construction Help Please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All,
I have been making some pedigree givers and have some issues and would Love some help.
Some times they are working and some times they not?
I am the Owner of the Kitties and I am the Owner and creator of the Pedigree Givers.
One Pedigree Giver is just a Regular Prim [one single box prim] that I shaped the way I wanted it and added a couple custom textures I made. It was working for me and then when I went to a auction, the Auctioneer couldn't get it to work. And So I tried it also and it took many tries of touching it to get it to work. It kept sending me to the webpage that says pretty much something is wrong? Then it finally worked for me. But I did have the one on the Kitty enabled so they were able to get the pedigree from local chat. So is there a glitch or was it something I did?

Next Item.
I have a stand that I meshed using Mesh Studio. But I also have the item above linked to it. The Item above is the Child Prim and the stand is the Root Prim. So the Kitties ID shows up in the description field of the root prim when adding the ID to the Pedigree Giver "Object". And the Pedigree Script would be in the Child Prim. This too was working just fine for me. But yet at another action, It wouldn't? Well it worked for me when I was setting up the Kitty on the Auction Block I tested it and it worked then. And even the day of the Auction. But when it came down to it and the auctioneer went to touch it when it was My Kitty's turn it didn't work for them. I over heard on their mic something about it being the wrong kitty? This was a fresh copy. I had not used this for any other Kitty. So them I think they just touched the Kitty and used the link enabled in the local chat.

So My question is .....lol ....HELP! Please?
I want My pedigree givers to work the 1st time not the 20th time of clicking them. Smile
Thank You for any help ya'll can Give me in this matter at hand,
~ Veet Smile
The script is a freebie in my Marketplace store. I included a notecard on how to use it. Check the script, it MUST be created by KittyCatS Resident.

Basically, the script must be in the root prim on a linkset (or the only prim). Sounds like you had that or the first but did NOT do that for the mesh version.

The OWNER of the object **MUST** be the owner of the cat. The cat NEED NOT be present.

The UUID of the cat **MUST** be the entire description field of the prim. No spaces. No other characters. This is where most go wrong.

The link given out is only good for a short white. An auctioneer can click and view it but cannot wait 20 or 30 minutes to view it. Each time she wants to look at your cat's pedigree she MUST click and use the new link.
Thanks It could have been a combo of a few things. Going to go back and just redo everything to be on the safe side and will grab a set of the directions from your shop today Smile Thanks Smile
Reference URL's