KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Suggestion: Ability to transfer food and milk in and out of the cattery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Up until now I have never used the cattery because I liked seeing my cats in-world.

However, now I am trying to reduce my tier and plan to do all my breeding in the cattery from now on.

My problem is I have lots of in-world food that I would like to use in the cattery and just found out I can not do this.

It would be nice to be able to click the food or milk and select "send to cattery" where the amount is then added to my cattery total (after confirming this is what I want to do). Vice versa in the cattery click food or milk and select "send in-world" then get a popup to select how much to send in-world which is then delivered to you.

This also would be nice for people who like to breed or just have cats in-world but have to be away for a period of time (like vacations) and want to temporarily transfer their cats to the cattery then transfer them back in-world later without having to buy extra food and milk for the cattery.
I would love to be able to do this.
There is a multiple-bird, one-stone opportunity.

Another recent thread requested the ability to purchase Food and/or Milk someplace OTHER than the main store. The Second Life Marketplace is one suggestion.

But allowing food/milk/vitamins to transfer in and out of the cattery solves that problem.

This requires adding the "send to cattery" function to the supplies. That's simple enough.

It also requires adding the supplies to the Dock so they can be "send in-world". This could present some special security problems since the "template" would need to be stored in the Dock and it would need to be impossible to use the templates without proper authentication and authorization checks.

An alternative to putting the supplies in the Dock would be some form of networked dispenser. The idea here is that the only food you need purchase is Cattery-food. The dispenser would replace in-world food, drawing the the Cattery total. I have to say, however, that, while a quick-and-dirty implementation would be fairly easy, this is not as simple as it sounds since there are a lot of design issues which really should be addressed.
I'd be happy with just being able to send in world food to the cattery. No need to send it back.
I too would like a way to either send or buy food for the cattery.

Even on low prim mode, It can add up if you have a few pairs out. For me--I have 4 pairs out, Food/milk and a 1 prim autofeeder. 20 prims for my small setup. Prims (and land) I could save if the cattery was more accessible.

If security's an issue with sending your own food via the cattery dock, why not just sell it in the store? (We can't obviously have people buying the points, you'd have people trying to buy up the super-rare breeds)

Adding in buyable (without menagerie $) food for the cattery would allow more people to use it more often (and would probably cut down on "lost cats" too!)
Reference URL's