KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Talking Kittys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I m new to the Kitty's and mine is only 5 days old now. From day one she has talked to my friend but has never said a word to me. I have checked the setting and talk is on. He also go a male kitty the same day and he talks up a storm to him.
Last night I got 2 more kitty's one for each of us and darn it his new kitty is talking to him tooHuh. Both of mine only talk to him.
So I'm I doing something wrong or what?
(10-18-2013 01:40 AM)MoonFairy Chrome Wrote: [ -> ]I m new to the Kitty's and mine is only 5 days old now. From day one she has talked to my friend but has never said a word to me. I have checked the setting and talk is on. He also go a male kitty the same day and he talks up a storm to him.
Last night I got 2 more kitty's one for each of us and darn it his new kitty is talking to him tooHuh. Both of mine only talk to him.

I believe that they talk to you when you bump into them or they bump into you. Try standing within their range.
I don't think a collision is necessary, but ISTR they only talk (text on localchat) when allowed to move around. Try setting a minimum range, turn off pose, turn off low-prim modes, and allow walk/run.
(10-18-2013 01:40 AM)MoonFairy Chrome Wrote: [ -> ]I m new to the Kitty's and mine is only 5 days old now. From day one she has talked to my friend but has never said a word to me. I have checked the setting and talk is on. He also go a male kitty the same day and he talks up a storm to him.
You might clear your blocked list, if anything is there. Although it is several clicks to block a cat from your local chat, it could happen if someone else had access to your account. Other than that, if you just stand within their range they will eventually find you and say something cute. If you keep moving around, they may have trouble finding you.

Also, do they have some smart-azz comment when you wake them? They should. And if you stop feeding them it doesn't take them long to start whining to you Smile
I always have the talking off. I can't stand to hear them talk for some reason! LOL But I remember before I knew I could turn it off, it seemed when they bumped into me they did talk. I'm so glad there is the option to turn it off, as I'd not keep them otherwise.
Reference URL's