KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Secondary Market Prices on Halloween Kitties
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would anyone like to explain why, already, after less than one day, that some auction board sellers seem to think their 2013 Halloween cats (the starters of course, its too early for offspring), especially the "Hell-O-Kitteh" is worth a minimum bid of $11,000?

After all you can buy them at the main store for $790 each. And how does someone determine the "rarest" of the costumes after only one day? Its always been a mystery to me, this first week secondary market pricing of cats you can simply buy for so much less directly from KittyCats!

Shamu
they are the rares.. Phatasmagoria, Nobody and the rainbow supers.. less of them available
(10-11-2013 09:13 AM)Cutie Rau Wrote: [ -> ]they are the rares.. Phatasmagoria, Nobody and the rainbow supers.. less of them available
Hi Cutie, Yes I figured they were the rarer ones, but HOW does one determine that the first day? Is this costume rating published somewhere? Where do you find out what is rare before anyone buys them?

And I don't understand the prices, since for $11K you can buy about 14 cats from the store. My experience is that you get a "rare" one for about every 6 you buy. So for 11K you might get 2 rare ones, and another 12 of the common ones, a much better deal than just buying one rare one for an inflated price.
well a lot of folks who in kc a while get to know what is rare quiicker then others. usually it is the middle kitties with the extra OOMf on the pics.
11k is cheap compared to last year at this time~usually rares go for 20k but with the breedable market and FAST price drops this happened. so inflated, no.
(10-11-2013 09:42 AM)neckcadaver Resident Wrote: [ -> ]well a lot of folks who in kc a while get to know what is rare quiicker then others. usually it is the middle kitties with the extra OOMf on the pics.
11k is cheap compared to last year at this time~usually rares go for 20k but with the breedable market and FAST price drops this happened. so inflated, no.

I think there is some "price discovery" going on then. First day halloween cat prices on bid boards so far on one large domain:

Fur: HeLL-O-Kitteh! - Pyromaniac 11K asked, no bids
Fur: HeLL-O-Kitteh! - Pandemonium 11K asked, no bids
Fur: HeLL-O-Kitteh! - Phantasmagoria 5K asked, no bids

Fur: SuperCatS! - Dynamic Divas - Rainbow 10K asked, no bids
Fur: SuperCatS! - Dynamic Divas - Rainbow 3K asked, 3.1K bid

Smile
It's a bit selfish huh? People are nuts an just want the lindens.
Yes, it happen with collections cats rare go so fast auctions, bid board,
"Spooky Collection 2012 started 20k for the rares (not megapuss, petite or
bigger de big as in this collections 2013) and
for general "the rares not is so easy get from the vendor KittyCats!",
blessing luckyAngel or so many try+$.$+
(10-11-2013 12:37 PM)dreampoetz Resident Wrote: [ -> ]It's a bit selfish huh? People are nuts an just want the lindens.
mhm i agree thats why i reopened and price fairly HeartBig Grin
Reference URL's