KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Offspring of special kitties
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have two kittens that both came from breeding a Wild FlowerS collection kitty with high traited kitties. The kittens got almost all of the starter traits from the Wild FlowerS parent and none of the special traits of the other parent.

Does this mean that the kittens are hiding all 8 or 9 of the other parent's traits? Or do the special kitties also hide traits but the starter traits are just very dominant making any hidden extremely difficult to pull out? I was confused because I never got the exact same traits when breeding before - it's almost like the Wild FlowerS parent created a duplicate of itself.

I am just getting back into Kittycats after a long absence and am still learning, so any clarification would be very helpful. I've been reading through all of the amazing info on this site, and am blown away by all of the knowledge here! This is what I've been longing for and missing in all my years of dabbling in various breedables. I am so grateful to have found this website, and for all of you who have taken the time to help newbies like myself.
(10-09-2013 04:27 PM)KesavaKantha Resident Wrote: [ -> ]The kittens got almost all of the starter traits from the Wild FlowerS parent and none of the special traits of the other parent.

Does this mean that the kittens are hiding all 8 or 9 of the other parent's traits?
Yes. Either what the parent shows, or hides .. you don't know which.
Quote:Or do the special kitties also hide traits but the starter traits are just very dominant making any hidden extremely difficult to pull out?
ABSOLUTELY NOT !!!
* Tad Carlucci shudders because someone, sometime, is gonna remember the question, forget the answer, and think it works like that.
Thank you so much Tad for taking the time to respond to my post! I feel like I have a million other questions but it's so enjoyable for me to read and learn - nothing fulfills me more!
Hi Kesava !

First, welcome back to KittyCatS!

If the kittens you got from the Wild FlowerS collection and a high traited parent have mostly genesis traits, then yes,
they are hiding traits from the high traited parent.

What we know about "starters" (Limited Editions are starters with a costume) is that they for sure hide 6 traits out of 9 :
fur, eye color, tail, ears, whiskers color and whiskers shape.

If the high traited parent has traits that are more recessive than the one hiding in the starter, then you will have kittens
with either the genesis traits showing or the ones that are hidden in the LE.

On the other hand, if you get the high traited parent's trait, then you know your LE is hiding something more recessive
than that. (EDIT 10/13 : or the same trait, I forgot to mention that Smile )

Good luck with your babies !

Nen Smile
(10-10-2013 10:57 AM)Nenya Eun Wrote: [ -> ]If the high traited parent has traits that are more recessive than the one hiding in the starter, then you will have kittens with either the genesis traits showing or the ones that are hidden in the LE.

On the other hand, if you get the high traited parent's trait, then you know your LE is hiding something more recessive
than that.

Oh my goodness thank you so much, this clarifies everything I have been confused about!! I am so grateful for your help! I have printed out a huge amount of related info from this site and am going to re-read it all while waiting for my oil to be changed in RL later today....luckily, my kittens were just born yesterday so I have over a week to learn how to best pair themSmile Thanks again for clarifying things for me, what you taught me was tremendously helpful!
Reference URL's