KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: land concerns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I paid for land today where it is breedables only, and after paying, and having some discussions, the land lady says to me, so these are phantom cats I assume, to which my reply was, well I am not sure, why ?
she states to me, then i have to make the cats non moving (pictures no moving cat starving for lack of food, and movement and whatever else) I said well they have a 5 meter range now, and she says well when they move they cause collisions. . . .

should I just get my money back? and is there a person who can help me understand these issues and a solution that doesnt require me to just stop while I am ahead?Huh

The landowner is making these requirements,

so she can keep her prims and scripts low.

2-D cats utilise less resources than moving, running, jumping cats.

This landowner is dealing with merchants only.

So unless you are in the cat retail business,

you are in the wrong town!

If you're looking for a place to let your cat do its thang,

get your money back, and rent a nice little property somewhere

that allows pets.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
All the places I have rented at say to have movement turned off. Moving causes collisions and collisions cause lag. I usually have my cats in the 2d version, and the ones I don't I have movement off. I also have my food set to parcel my cats so they are eating still in low prim Smile
All the places I have rented at say to have movement turned off. Moving causes collisions and collisions cause lag. I usually have my cats in the 2d version, and the ones I don't I have movement off. I also have my food set to parcel my cats so they are eating still in low prim Smile
i am starting a cat business i hope, i tried rabbits, spend 70k and they folded. ive spent less this time around, and what is 2d version exactly?

to the first responder . . I am not in the wrong town as far as I know, but thanks for the warm greeting.
Over the years, in dealing with many, many land owners and estate managers, I've found that there are a lot of strange rules out there. While I can sometimes imagine a rationale for some rules; for others there seem to be no basis at all.

In the end, though, the reasons don't matter. The owner/manager sets the rules and you either follow them, or move along.

--

As to collisions: the statement "moving causes collisions and collisions cause lag" while absolutely true vastly over-simplifies the issue and implies the wrong conclusion.

First off, even if not moving, collisions can, and do, occur.

Second, even when moving, collisions are quite rare.

And, third, it takes a LOT of collisions to produce a noticeable effect.
(09-16-2013 05:37 PM)Anek Fuchs Wrote: [ -> ]and what is 2d version exactly?

2-D is a KittyCatS menu option that turns the cat into a two dimensional photo

instead of a 3-D cat,

and thus uses less prims!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gigli Ranch Estates (Arabian Horse Estate, Breedables Paradise, Breedables Horse Estate, Amerettoville and Breedables Haeven) allow you to have your cats movements on. Anything over 50 cats and they just ask you turn the to not moving when logging off for a while. They do have lands available now. I have my breeding cats non moving but 2 perma and all my megas (10) are running around in a 20 meter radius only because with them jumping now, I've had them jump onto the other parcel next to me. lol.

Here is a LM to their breedables land. There are plenty of spaces and prices.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Am.../43/153/22

Go into "Map" and check "Land for Sale". You will see everything that is available. Good luck!
Reference URL's