KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: How old is to old to buy a 100% love kitty?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Kittycat community!
I have several kitties that are older but are getting close to 100% love. I am thinking about putting them out at some love shack areas, and was wondering what the community thinks is to old to put a kitty at 100% love out for sale?

Do you tend to buy love shack kitties for a one time breeding or do you like to use them for your breeding several times?

Thanks for your comments.
~ BreeAnn
Brunabug Nightfire
If the cat shows 100% Love, it's not "too old".

When it becomes too old, it will change to "Off". That occurs when the cat attains 121 days of age.

Prior to 121 days, "too old" is up to the individual players and probably varies from cat to cat.
(09-14-2013 04:50 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote: [ -> ]If the cat shows 100% Love, it's not "too old".

When it becomes too old, it will change to "Off". That occurs when the cat attains 121 days of age.

Prior to 121 days, "too old" is up to the individual players and probably varies from cat to cat.

I know that Tad...but my question was if People would want to buy a kitty that they can only breed one time because the kitty was 119-120 days old or if they were looking for younger kitties that they could breed several times before they were 121 days old.
~BreeAnn
I have bought cats that only have one breeding left If I have a kitty unpaired Smile but would of course expect an older one to be cheaper

They sell especially well when there is a breeding 'event' going on.

For example, a limited time window when you can score a

Royal kitty, or holiday cat, or a limited issue eye or something,

by breeding your cats within a specified time frame.

Often, when time is running out, people will run around looking

for a spare breeder to make a pair.

You can charge a bit more during those times.

Even when there isnt a special event, some folks like to squeeze out

one more box out of their own aging cat.

And thats when a spare comes in handy.

But expect to charge less than the event period cats.

Once it passes that 121, it turns into a pet.

And thats about it.

But even pets are cool, right!
I have a few times bought a 100% kitty at ages 90-114 just to breed once or twice. Although myself, I don't put kitties out past 85 days. I think I have one that's been at a love shack for a while and he's almost if not at 85 days. I will be grabbing him back. I once, for 1 week, put out 3 kitties under 45 days and 3 over 80 days. The under 45 day kitties sold by the end of the week. I was left with 2 over 80 days kitties out of 3. Plus, if they have recessive traits, people are going to want the to be able to breed longer so they have a better chance of trying to pull the trait out if that's what they want to do.
Reference URL's