KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Slight curiousity and worry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I already sent a ticket in, but was wondering from others if this has happened or if its capable of fixing without a big worry.

My cat was left on my shoulders last weekend under day 2, but returned today when his age was over 6 days old. I understand they don't eat, but rather sleep and things like that. But I was curious why my cat had the 'copy - delete me' above his head. I was also just curious if this has happened to anyone else and if this problem happened because I left the poor guy on my shoulder too long.
(09-13-2013 06:43 PM)JemSparkle Resident Wrote: [ -> ]I already sent a ticket in, but was wondering from others if this has happened or if its capable of fixing without a big worry.

My cat was left on my shoulders last weekend under day 2, but returned today when his age was over 6 days old. I understand they don't eat, but rather sleep and things like that. But I was curious why my cat had the 'copy - delete me' above his head. I was also just curious if this has happened to anyone else and if this problem happened because I left the poor guy on my shoulder too long.

Not sure if you got then taken care of already Jem...but if not, I have two things you can try.
First drop your kitty off your avatar.
Next check your inventory that you do not have a copy of your kitty there.
Try clicking on the kitty and see if you can get a menu option to pop up. If try putting the kitty in low prim and back.
If that is not an option then you will have to file a ticket to get a replacement kitty.
You will need the Kitty's ID Number. You can get that by clicking on the kitty and clicking INFO and checking the local/nearby chat for the number. Then you will file a ticket here on the KittyCats Website under support.
If you can't get a menu on the kitty then you will need to go to your Pedigree page on the KittyCats Website and find your kitten on the list of kitties that you own. Click on the kitty and a pedigree page will show up. the ID number will be listed on this page under the stats of your kitty.

Again I hope you have taken care of this but just in case not...and you need more help feel free to post more questions here or IM me or any one in the Addicts group.
~BreeAnn
I was given an email stating they'd get me help, but I didn't requests in the ticket to be replaced. No helps been given otherwise other then me sending that first ticket in so far. If nothing happens I'll send another requesting a new one. I was just curious if this is something that happens frequent or what.
(09-13-2013 07:23 PM)JemSparkle Resident Wrote: [ -> ]I was given an email stating they'd get me help, but I didn't requests in the ticket to be replaced. No helps been given otherwise other then me sending that first ticket in so far. If nothing happens I'll send another requesting a new one. I was just curious if this is something that happens frequent or what.

I have not had that happen yet, but I wonder if it has something to do with the fact it is a permakitty. This is your firestorm kitty right? I wonder if there has something to do with that.
I know with the last update they did when I dropped my permapet kitty from walking around with me she went "poof" several times. I filed a replacement ticket and with in 24 hours she was returned to me. It happened again the next day. KittyCats Resident told me that they found something in the coding that was causing that to happen and that they felt it was now corrected. I have not had any other issues.
So I wonder if this is something specific with the firestorm kitties.
Either way give them 24 hours from when the ticket was filed. Check the Support page and make sure they don't need any more information from you too.

Good luck.
Alright. And yes, it was the free firestorm kitty that went crazy on me. I'll give it a day and see what happens. Hopefully its a quick fix on mine, and no worries with it.
Hi Jem !

As I said after the long chat we had together both in the group chat and in IM and since it seems you submitted the ticket correctly, your FireKitty will be returned to you / fixed within 24 hours, which is the time we require to work on the tickets.

It can happen that cats get the "Copy - Delete me" message without special reason, sadly those are SL bugs and there is
not much we, at KittyCatS, can do about them, beside of course doing all we can to fix your broken kitties.

Enjoy your cat when you get it fixed ! Smile
Perfectly understandable. Just glad to have my kitty back and working. At the time wasn't sure if it was just an SL bug that could be fixed simply by relogging, but I guess SL can be complicated that way. I'm still getting used to SL, and this kitty. So I'm glad everything has gone well with it in its return to me.
Reference URL's