KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Other Characteristics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't think Scrambled Eggs is a trait.. but what is it? If there is a parent or grandparent with this characteristic, can is show up?
(09-13-2013 08:04 AM)Troubadoura Resident Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think Scrambled Eggs is a trait.. but what is it? If there is a parent or grandparent with this characteristic, can is show up?

It's a collectible. A Limited Edition (LE) kitty.

http://kittycats.biz/collection-cats.htm
(09-13-2013 08:14 AM)Thorn Witrial Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2013 08:04 AM)Troubadoura Resident Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think Scrambled Eggs is a trait.. but what is it? If there is a parent or grandparent with this characteristic, can is show up?

Are there any benefits of having Limited Edition cats in your pedigree/family tree background?
(09-13-2013 12:41 PM)Troubadoura Resident Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2013 08:14 AM)Thorn Witrial Wrote: [ -> ]

Are there any benefits of having Limited Edition cats in your pedigree/family tree background?

I'm new at this, so anyone else, feel free to chime in and either correct me or expand on what I'm about to say.

The answer is, it depends.

For example, the Duke and Dutchess kitties. Those are special kitties, but they were born to breeders, not bought in the store. Everyone was given a window of time in which, if they had breeding pairs ready to produce a kitten, they had a chance of producing a Royal kitty, but only one per avatar.

Now, what this means is, all the royal kitties look alike, but that is the 'costume'. What they actually are underneath depends on their parents. My royal duke I bred is very nearly a genesis cat himself because the cats I had on hand when I bred him were starters and one non starter that was low trait.

Another duke I acquired at a shop, however, is a very recessive kitty under his outfit and will produce much better kittens.

The LE kitties that you buy in the shop are, I believe, Genesis cats under those costumes/decorations. Which means breeding them is like having a starter cat and you want to breed them to a lot trait kitty to find out what cool traits they may be hiding.

As I understand it, though, some sets are designed to be bred to each other to produce a 'special kitty'. I don't know what constitutes specialness here. I just learned of this in passing a few days ago.

Limited editions tend to be fancy paintjobs.

These paintjobs do not as a rule transfer to offsrping.

Some limited editions give birth to fancy offspring when paired.

Sometimes certain special traits ARE transferable.
The "it depends" answer seems overly complex.

I'd put it simply as "No". Simply the fact that an ancestor was a Collection Cat means nothing. Think if it this way: ALL cats are a member of a Collection. If it does not specifically state a collection name (such as "Scrambled EggS!") then the collection name is "Genesis".

Many, but not all, special collections introduce new trait values.

So the "it depends" answer is trying to explain that, if you see an ancestor is a member of a special collection, there MAY BE a CHANCE that the descendant you're examining will have whatever trait value was introduced by that collection. Determining if it's possible depends upon a number of factors but careful reading of the collections announcement (in the News section), knowledge of who-discovered-when and dominance charts (bumped often on these forums), and careful consideration of the Pedigree should guide you.
Reference URL's