KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: A question about bidboards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone have any ideas of a reputable bidboard place.

I just logged in and went to the bidboard I rented to retrieve my 4 cats. My cats were gone and everything deleted, the last bid I saw was 750L that was when I had 7 hours to go. I have no idea who won, now I have lost the amount I paid for the bidboard. I lost a sale, and I lost my cats.

If you own a bidboard might be wonderful to notify the person bye NC about the highest bidder and whether you returned them, also might want to give someone that rents a little time to pick up the kitties (yes I am grrring).
Can't speak to the other issues but about your cats: there is no way for the bid board owner, or anyone else, to take them or even move them. Check your Inventory, especially your Lost And Found folders.

The parcel and estates owners CAN send them back to you and they should end up in your Lost and Found.

If there were several cats, and/or other objects of yours, returned at the same time, they will all be "coalesced" .. made into a single thing .. in your inventory. The icon will be difference .. a lot of small boxes. You will need to rez out the group and pick of each piece one-at-a-time; so you'll want to have a place with plenty of prims available.

It's possible (that is, it's unlikely, but it does happen every now and then) that objects are lost during this process. File a Support ticket and the KittyCatS staff can help.

It's also possible that you put the cats out "for sale" and someone bought them. One usually does not mark bid-board objects "for sale" since, if the bid exceeds the price you set, the lower-bidder can simply purchase them and you'll never get the higher price. If this happened, check your Avatar's transaction history on the Second Life web site; the price will appear there.
I've used bidboards in two or three places, and they required the renter to be online at the time the auction ended. This was one of the conditions that I agreed to by renting the board (although the conditions were sometimes easy to avoid reading). I don't know if thar was the policy at the place where you rented a bidboard.

Of course, things can happen preventing anyone from getting back in world when they need to be there. Maybe you could send a notecard asking the bidboard owners what policy they follow when someone renting a board is not available when the rent runs out.

For these particular kitties, you can see in your Pedigree if you are still listed as their owner. If not, you can see if someone bought them and took them. If you are still the owner and they are not in your inventory, you can file a ticket through support to have them returned to you.
(09-12-2013 07:36 PM)ChelseaAllan Resident Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone have any ideas of a reputable bidboard place.

I just logged in and went to the bidboard I rented to retrieve my 4 cats. My cats were gone and everything deleted, the last bid I saw was 750L that was when I had 7 hours to go. I have no idea who won, now I have lost the amount I paid for the bidboard. I lost a sale, and I lost my cats.

If you own a bidboard might be wonderful to notify the person bye NC about the highest bidder and whether you returned them, also might want to give someone that rents a little time to pick up the kitties (yes I am grrring).

Hey Chelsea...you were using the bidboards at Too Adorable correct? Well I was the one who returned your kitties. I work there in the bidboard area. I sent you a few IM's...letting you know that the bidding had ended. I also sent you a NC with the information about the winner and your kitties were returned to you. You need to check your Inventory and you should find a NC that I sent to you late yesterday.
Along with the kitties in question. Please IM me in World if you do not...I will be happy to send you the NC again so you can file a Ticket to get the kitties back.

If I remember correctly your bid board ended and we waited several hours before returning your kitties to you. We ask that you try really hard to be present when the bid board ends so that we don't have to return kitties when the rental has ended.

Sorry for any stress this might have caused you and please feel free to contact me with any questions you might have.

Thanks,
BreeAnn
brunabug.nightfire
In the future, and for other people who have similar issues, you should first thing contact someone working at the sim where you have rented your boards. People on the forums might not know anything about the situation or what can be done, but people with a well employed kitty sim are there to help you and attempt to prevent any misunderstandings or issues. Hope you got your kitties and your bidding info and all is well now!
Reference URL's