KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: An Idea Or Suggestion For Food Prices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is really just an idea or suggestion, nothing anyone should become upset about.

I just notice many breeders for KittycatS! are feeling disheartened, because the food prices are higher than they'd like and they're simply not making that $L back through selling kitties. Breeders contribute to a mass amount of income for KittycatS! in my opinion. It would seem fair to help keep them confident and motivate them to continue on creating amazing variety of kitties, while having a small store for the kitties and having their own income. It doesn't remain fun when you are spending a chunk of $L on food when all you want to do is breed kitties of all different furs, eyes, whiskers etc. and share them with the community. My suggestion is to possibly have a special group or something along those lines for breeders. For example, if you have 20+ cats, you qualify as a breeder and get 30, 40 or 50% off for food, milk etc. It can be any percentage, I am only giving examples.

Just an idea! Smile

Candi <3
Hi Candi Smile

Well i too would certainly love to pay less to feed my kitties but the fact is that any breedable's main source of income is the food, and already KC food is i think about the lowest in SL.
Income from KCs is split at least four ways i believe and quality servers don't come cheap, and there are of course other running overheads.

Over the years, they have complied to a multitude of requests from us, no " it's OUR game and we play it the way WE want so like or lump it " attitude.

What i WOULD like to see however is for unpairing to be free as it can be easy to pair the wrong couple and hit the wrong pairing button, but thats for another thread.

I'd say the best wtg would be to concentrate on a small amount of kitties with well traited showns and hiddens. One can pick up some great bargains on the bid boards and the love shacks and you can build some very saleable kitties in this way for a not too heavy investment ; learn the fine tuning in breeding and you too can turn out some epics. Bring in a couple of starters from time to time, you may hit the jackpot.

The best advice though is to work out a hobby budget and stick to it, this way breeding will be more fun and less of a headache.
Anna,

I can understand that yes. I would also like to see the free unpairing, I have made a few mistakes with that and that alone can be a headache. I just believe if they lowered the price on food, they would actually gain more in the long run from the amount of new members who would join the community or even some veterans to return.

I do already have many well traited kitties and even some gen ones. I'm all good there, Kittycats are just not selling at a fast pace for many factors, Unless it's the new breeds like the foxie soft black or megapuss' or even the new eyes. It really does depend on what a person is looking for. I have plenty of fun with it, but I was not only speaking for me. Thank you for the feedback! Smile
Reference URL's