KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Selling question, Live Cats?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know there is a brisk business in boxed kittens, but is there a reasonable amount of people who would prefer the cats already born?

I know nothing about that side of the market.
Yes, I buy adult cats as well, you can find some treasures in the love circles, you never know Wink
From the birthing of a box to full adulthood (and 100% love) takes two weeks or two weeks and three days. Therefore, I would far rather buy an adult kitten than a box. Those two weeks can seem to drag past. However, when it comes to selling, I dare not birth my boxes. There is no risk having a shop full of unsold boxes but can you imagine the heartache if you had a multitude of hungry live cats in a shop, all wanting food?
(08-30-2013 12:38 PM)Maxwell Grantly Wrote: [ -> ]From the birthing of a box to full adulthood (and 100% love) takes two weeks or two weeks and three days. Therefore, I would far rather buy an adult kitten than a box. Those two weeks can seem to drag past. However, when it comes to selling, I dare not birth my boxes. There is no risk having a shop full of unsold boxes but can you imagine the heartache if you had a multitude of hungry live cats in a shop, all wanting food?

That makes complete sense.
Having watched Charm's sales for a few years now, I'd suggest live cats, especially those on Love tables, sell better than boxes. I'm thinking it's because people who shop for boxes are looking for very specific things, price being one, but traits, and especially trait combinations, are quite important.

The difference was lessened, somewhat, with the advent of 2D image modes for boxes. The words are all well and good, but people respond better when they can actually see that those eyes look quite good with that fur, etc.

Still, nothing beats being able to actually examine the entire, live, adult cat.

And, as was pointed out above, they sell better if the seller has raised them to adult-hood and they are gaining love.

The Love tables work best because, I think, not only has the seller borne the cost of getting the cat ready to breed, but purchasers tend to be more rushed and, therefore, a bit less concerned with trait and trait combinations (or even price) when they have want one NOW.

The Love tables have an advantage, also, because they are a common point. Purchasers don't need to pay attention to all that spam. They don't need to run from shop to shop. They know they can go to a single point, find a selection of cats, and get it home.

So, it's not just that the seller is bearing more of the costs, it's also that Love tables add both time and place utility.
Reference URL's