KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Building wearables for kitties?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Good morning, folks.

I know how to make things. My question is how do you make things that are wearable by kittycats?

For example, the collars. You set a bought collar box by the kitty, click on it, and it attaches, right? (I don't know, I've never bought one).

I want to make other things for kitties to wear but I don't know how to make them an officially useful to kittycats product like the collars are.

Halp?
Hi Thorn,

Basically everything takes place on a texture for the collar sadly we can't nano prim them XD
So far we can work with custom collar kits and cap kits all texture based.
So we need to do that in a graphics program and yes how you ask ...
I don't know if you have Photoshop or an other program but it takes practice, Google, YouTube or (in world) classes I'm afraid Smile
As for applying a collar to a kitty this is indeed done by placing the collar close to the kitty and clicking it.
A confirmation window will ask you if that is indeed the cat you like to apply it on if yes the cat will re-rezz and wears the collar after.
I hope this helps at least a bit.
(08-22-2013 08:19 AM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Thorn,

Basically everything takes place on a texture for the collar sadly we can't nano prim them XD
So far we can work with custom collar kits and cap kits all texture based.
So we need to do that in a graphics program and yes how you ask ...
I don't know if you have Photoshop or an other program but it takes practice, Google, YouTube or (in world) classes I'm afraid Smile
As for applying a collar to a kitty this is indeed done by placing the collar close to the kitty and clicking it.
A confirmation window will ask you if that is indeed the cat you like to apply it on if yes the cat will re-rezz and wears the collar after.
I hope this helps at least a bit.

Hi Kayleigh.

Thanks, but I'm more confused. I don't want to make collars or hats. I want to make other things that can attach to the kitties and sell them. Are you saying that isn't possible without some sort of kit that only allows the maker to retexture it?

Huh
(08-22-2013 08:23 AM)Thorn Witrial Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi Kayleigh.

Thanks, but I'm more confused. I don't want to make collars or hats. I want to make other things that can attach to the kitties and sell them. Are you saying that isn't possible without some sort of kit that only allows the maker to retexture it?

Huh

Yes sadly that is what I'm saying Smile
You don't want to know how often I have imagined to sculpt and nano them myself.
I would love to make things for them as well.
But technically it is so from what I understand they can only wear a one prim attachment on each attachment spot.
But I'd love to make things for them as well.
Sad

Bummer. I've got some fun ideas I wanted to try. Thanks for the clarification.

Heart

(08-22-2013 08:29 AM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2013 08:23 AM)Thorn Witrial Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi Kayleigh.

Huh

Yes sadly that is what I'm saying Smile
You don't want to know how often I have imagined to sculpt and nano them myself.
I would love to make things for them as well.
But technically it is so from what I understand they can only wear a one prim attachment on each attachment spot.
But I'd love to make things for them as well.
Yeah.

It's a security issue.

The prims are made by KittyCatS! and all you can do is hand them (using the creator kits) textures to put on their pre-made prims.

Consider: They have a bunch of scripts, probably communicating with each other. They possibly even have a secure channel (OK, it's not secured, but it could be) to other objects (cats, boxes, HUDs, and scratching posts). If they allow you to hand the cat prims instead of textures, you can put scripts in those prims. And those scripts would be able to listen in on all communications, possibly hearing things (like the hidden traits) or issuing commands (like to make a copy or create a box) which they *really* don't want to allow you access to.

Ohhhhhhhh.

Oh that makes total sense. Yeah I don't want to break anything or learn stuff I'm not supposed to learn.

So, is there a way to apply for having a kit made for an idea?

(08-22-2013 09:18 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah.

It's a security issue.

The prims are made by KittyCatS! and all you can do is hand them (using the creator kits) textures to put on their pre-made prims.

Consider: They have a bunch of scripts, probably communicating with each other. They possibly even have a secure channel (OK, it's not secured, but it could be) to other objects (cats, boxes, HUDs, and scratching posts). If they allow you to hand the cat prims instead of textures, you can put scripts in those prims. And those scripts would be able to listen in on all communications, possibly hearing things (like the hidden traits) or issuing commands (like to make a copy or create a box) which they *really* don't want to allow you access to.
(08-22-2013 09:18 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah.

It's a security issue.

LOLOLOL you have such hacker mind Wink
Back when I was a "hacker" it was (a) legal, (b) encouraged, and © nothing like what we now call "hackers" (I'm not sure whether to blame the news media or Hollywood for that). Nowadays the kind of "hacker" I was is now called a "network security consultant" and we (well, not me, any more: I'm retired) get paid a lot to constantly think about ways to improve security. Often, that means we're thinking about ways to bypass existing security measures.

So, yeah, I guess I have a hacker's mind. Virtually everything I look at, I think, "What's the threat matrix, where are the attack vectors, how easy are they, and how well known?"
(08-22-2013 09:50 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote: [ -> ]Back when I was a "hacker" it was (a) legal, (b) encouraged, and © nothing like what we now call "hackers" (I'm not sure whether to blame the news media or Hollywood for that). Nowadays the kind of "hacker" I was is now called a "network security consultant" and we (well, not me, any more: I'm retired) get paid a lot to constantly think about ways to improve security. Often, that means we're thinking about ways to bypass existing security measures.

So, yeah, I guess I have a hacker's mind. Virtually everything I look at, I think, "What's the threat matrix, where are the attack vectors, how easy are they, and how well known?"

It takes one to know one.
Our government and even the police works with former hackers who did the naughty stuff as little wiz kids.
As they grew older they use their skills to help secure networks as they know as nobody else where the weak spots are.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's