KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Half Buried cats!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don`t know if anyone else has experienced half buried cats! Since the latest update, which has added some amazing features to the whole Kitty Cats experience both my, and my Wife`s, cats seem to either freeze on the spot half buried in our land or in extreme cases completely bury themselves. Now in the days of the Phoenix Viewer you could look under land and grab things if they got lost. With Firestorm you cannot look under land; well I can`t. Anyone who can advise on our half buried cats?
I don't know how to stop your cats from sinking (mine are doing that too). But I use Firestorm, and can think of four methods I've used to find them.

First, you can use the HUD that was included as part of the last Kittycats updater package. Locate your cats on the HUD menu, then either send them to their home location or have them teleport to you. Easy!

Or, you can right click the ground to bring up parcel details. Near the bottom of the menu that pops up is a link for script information. Click on that and it will open a new window listing everything scripted on the property. Click to sort by script size rather than by name, and you should find your kitties grouped together. You can then click on the missing kitty and choose to highlight it (in which case you would follow an arrow to its location), or choose to have it returned to inventory.

Or, you can go under the World menu and do an area search. Be sure to use "Kittycat -" in front of the cat's name. When it appears on the list, you have the same options as you have in the script window.

Or, you can actually derender the ground in Firestorm. I think it is under the Advanced menu (but it just possibly might be under Develop menu). Choose Rendering types and deselect ground.
(08-14-2013 09:45 AM)Nathan Lectar Wrote: [ -> ]Now in the days of the Phoenix Viewer you could look under land and grab things if they got lost. With Firestorm you cannot look under land; well I can't. Anyone who can advise on our half buried cats?

You can certainly look under land in Firestorm just like in Phoenix.

In Preferences (Cntl-P), click Advanced button, then check "Show Advanced Menu".
In Advanced Menu tab now showing next to Help, check "Disable Camera Constraints."

Also in Preferences, Move & View button, check "Allow the camera to move without constraints through prims."
And hit Apply before you close Preferences.

I can't imagine having a camera that would not go through prims. Tongue

Shamu
Disable Camera Constraints allows you to move your camera CLOSER, but not INTO. It's good for zooming in and moving close, to examine texture details or work with nano-prims.

The move-into option lets you look inside Avatars, and under ground, as well as inside prims.

There is a small hiccup when you want to put the camera right at the water level, but it works fine if you move lower and look up. Also, I think it works a bit better if you use the Ctrl Shift and Alt keys to move, zoom, rotate and pan your camera, rather than the Camera Controls floater, when moving your camera through the land and water surfaces.

Often, when I'm building, I'll lose a prim underground. Since I usually know, roughly, where it is, I'll open the Edit floater then click-drag to select an area. That will grab the prim/cat even if it's underground and you can use the arrows to drag it back up. This works best, though, when there's not a lot of other clutter (landscaping, other cats, etc).
Thanks for your thoughts and ideas. I specifically wasn`t aware of how to look underground...................God knows what`s under my SIM in that case! I`m not having trouble finding them as I use area search. Its weird to find them walking on the spot half buried and even though at the end of the day its pixels I don`t like the thought of them being trapped there for hours on end when they should be leaping in and out of linen baskets.

Yes,I`m a softie at heart.
Reference URL's