KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: To New People Beware of this person
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Please see the attachments, Mon Merryman is advertising to get a random kitty in a gatcha machine and is actually giving useless scripts to people (see other attachment)

Mon Merryman is selling on the tooadorable sim.

Don't be a victim like me. I payed and payed and got those scripts. when I looked inside and vola there they were.
(08-13-2013 02:07 AM)ChelseaAllan Resident Wrote: [ -> ]Please see the attachments, Mon Merryman is advertising to get a random kitty in a gatcha machine and is actually giving useless scripts to people (see other attachment)

Don't be a victim like me. I payed and payed and got those scripts. when I looked inside and vola there they were.

Is it possible the gatcha machine is borked and Mon Merryman doesn't know it? I'm leery of calling people out as unsavory or dishonest without first establishing for a fact that that is what is happening here.

It's not like SL has never had item delivery problems from various sources. Undecided
There are some seriously borked freebie gotcha scripts out there. And for many which actually do work, they are fragile and take extra care to set up properly.

My bet is it's one of the latter, he thought all you did was drop it in and object, set the price, and you're done; and the error was lurking until the cat boxes ran out to rear up and bite.

I'd first drop him a notecard or IM and try to arrange a refund. Contacting Kendra might be good, so she can kick the broken machine out before someone else uses it.
People make mistakes for one, for two scripts can be confusing to those of us that don't know anything about them.

It's never a good idea to post in forums or say in public chats, a persons name and accuse them of something. At least not till you talk to them and try to fix the problem with them first.

What I see from your picture of the contents, is that the scripts are what they put in for the gotcha to work and to put their text over it. And there is a kitty box in there.

I hope that you get your situation fixed with the person and that you do a post to let ppl know if they helped or not. At least give them a chance to clear their name.
(08-13-2013 05:16 AM)Chalinna Resident Wrote: [ -> ]I'd contact Kendrah or one of the sim managers if I was you.

I went there as you suggested, two staff attended and the cauldron as seen in the attachment was sent back to the owner of the stall.
(08-13-2013 02:45 PM)devilness chant Wrote: [ -> ]People make mistakes for one, for two scripts can be confusing to those of us that don't know anything about them.

It's never a good idea to post in forums or say in public chats, a persons name and accuse them of something. At least not till you talk to them and try to fix the problem with them first.

What I see from your picture of the contents, is that the scripts are what they put in for the gotcha to work and to put their text over it. And there is a kitty box in there.

I hope that you get your situation fixed with the person and that you do a post to let ppl know if they helped or not. At least give them a chance to clear their name.

I have contacted them. I have two gatchas myself and one is full perm. Inside the gatcha itself should only be what you are selling and the each gatcha has the hovertext inside. If the galdron was made then possibly should have been put in a different prim. I am not being nasty, I just don't want any new people being a victim. When you state clearly on your gatcha, you get a kitty, that's what you should get. ( I have pretested my gatcha's for that reason) when I have put together random items in a gatcha I state random item, not a certain thing.

People do make mistakes god I certainly do, and crosses fingers the person will contact me and I will let all know if it happens.
(08-13-2013 03:08 PM)ChelseaAllan Resident Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-13-2013 05:16 AM)Chalinna Resident Wrote: [ -> ]I'd contact Kendrah or one of the sim managers if I was you.

I went there as you suggested, two staff attended and the cauldron as seen in the attachment was sent back to the owner of the stall.
(08-13-2013 02:45 PM)devilness chant Wrote: [ -> ]People make mistakes for one, for two scripts can be confusing to those of us that don't know anything about them.

I have contacted them. I have two gatchas myself and one is full perm. Inside the gatcha itself should only be what you are selling and the each gatcha has the hovertext inside. If the galdron was made then possibly should have been put in a different prim. I am not being nasty, I just don't want any new people being a victim. When you state clearly on your gatcha, you get a kitty, that's what you should get. ( I have pretested my gatcha's for that reason) when I have put together random items in a gatcha I state random item, not a certain thing.

People do make mistakes god I certainly do, and crosses fingers the person will contact me and I will let all know if it happens.

I hope the person contacts you too. Going to Kendrah or staff is a really good idea to get it removed before someone else tried it.

I make tons of mistakes too. That's why I would rather someone come to me if they have a problem or need something too.

And thanks for the update. If this person is dishonest it's good to know. If it's just an honest mistake, that's good to know too. Smile
(08-13-2013 02:07 AM)ChelseaAllan Resident Wrote: [ -> ]Please see the attachments, Mon Merryman is advertising to get a random kitty in a gatcha machine and is actually giving useless scripts to people (see other attachment)

Excuse me ChelseaAllan resident but you DID not contact me at all. I would have gladly given you a cat or your money back. Now I am banned because you couldn't take the time to contact me via notecard?
Excuse me.....you did not even attempt to contact me about this problem. No, I did not know about it. How can I fix it if I was banned from the region, my stuff returned and not my rent which was paid for weeks in advance. I have NEVER had an issue with anyone else and for you to call me out in public is reprehensible. I will gladly return your money or give you a cat. Now will you pay me my rent back or pay me for my damaged reputation because you jumped to the conclusion that I was doing something illicit??

It was not supposed to give scripts. I thought I had it working correctly since I tried the thing 10 times. I am online from about 9pm EST to 12 am EST so when you had this problem I was in real life. I have an online notifyer with the ability to accept notecards at which time did you decide not to ASK ME?
The person who hosted this gacha really should have been contacted in private before posting a "Beware!" post on the forum; people make mistakes and the individual may not have known the issue had existed. If the person was contacted and in response said "LOL SUX 2 B U" then I could understand why this post is being made in the public.

Even if it's truly a mistake (and I'm sure it was; did anyone really think they'd benefit by stealing a whole whopping 40L per gacha play, when they took the time to actually rent at Too Adorable and to be part of the community? I sure know I wouldn't risk duping fellow community members for 40L a pop in my hobby!), it's unsettling that this person has this post against them and the damage is done. After reading this, I sure hope I don't make a wrong move in any way that may put a notice of "Beware of Deer Thistle! Don't be a victim to her marketing ploys!" to the rest of the community without being addressed prior to what may have been a simple mistake.

Just by name-dropping and by not taking this to IMs/forum PMs/notecards/etc, their name is now tied with this "Beware!" post whether intentional or by mistake, and that's a shame. Despite most of us portraying flawless avatars in-world, we're all human behind the screen and bound to make mistakes that should be confronted in private before considering shaming the individual in public.

Edit: I hope that both parties can resolve this matter amicably in private as it looks like Mon Merryman is also present and offered to alleviate the troubles the gacha caused on accident. Smile
If anyone had an issue with the cauldron please contact me. I was unaware of it and am more than willing to either return lindens or give you a cat. ....as for the person who started this thread...she was returned the lindens she told the sim manager was owed her.
If anyone had an issue with the cauldron please contact me. I was unaware of it and am more than willing to either return lindens or give you a cat. ....as for the person who started this thread...she was returned the lindens she told the sim manager was owed her.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's