KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: hidden revealed via X ray?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

So I picked up a cat with rainbow prism eyes,

mom had gerbera blue, dad had lucky irish.

I bred it with a cat with fancy blue diamond.

The offspring shows up with ody sublime.

White russian with ody sublime, looks great.

But as I look on the pedigree page,

the lucky irish grandfather is listed has having

ODYSSEY SUBLIME EYES.

He's definitely wearing lucky irish green eyes,

and its owner even named it CLOVER SUBLIME.

But down in the listing it states:

Eyes: Odysey Sublime ( Mysterious/Big)

Never seen this before.

Would be cool if once you have discovered a cats hidden,

that you could toggle between the two for future reference.

Found this to be an interesting bug.
Doesn't sound like a bug, at all.

Sounds like you bought a Lucky box from the St. Patrick's day specials and you're seeing the costume, unless you look at the Pedigree View page.

They operated like the Royals. You see the eyes as a costume, but the actual values may, or may not, show (or hide) a new eye value. If the actual values do show(hide), then one of the parents no longer matters .. the trait passed from it was replaced (mutated).
(08-12-2013 03:30 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote: [ -> ]
Doesn't sound like a bug, at all.

Sounds like you bought a Lucky box from the St. Patrick's day specials and you're seeing the costume, unless you look at the Pedigree View page.

They operated like the Royals. You see the eyes as a costume, but the actual values may, or may not, show (or hide) a new eye value.

The pedigree pic is of a Russian blue with irish eyes.

Are you saying they had an event where the irish eyes were the only part of the costume?

How did I miss that one!
According to the Who Discovered thread:

-Lucky Irish eyes appeared as costume on kitties produced between March 17-19 2012 (KC news)

And, yes, as I recall Lucky Irish Clover eyes were the costume. It's been a long time, through, and I'm not sure Charm still has any still in boxes left in her Cattery to pull in-world and check.
No, she still had a couple and, yes, the entire "costume" was the eyes. I didn't pull any in-world to check the box (ISTR it was a green leprichan hat), but the Roster and View were identical except for the costume eye.
Yes true, St. Patrickday 2012 we received eventually a special birth.
Besides the Lucky Irish Clover Eyes in it's costume it looked like the kitty we would have bred otherwise.
We knew by this costume eyes Lucky Irish Clover was de hidden instead of the hidden the cat would otherwise have.
I had this myself one day I checked the charts and couldn't believe my Lucky Irish Clover kitty I bought at a love shack produced a way more dominant eye.
So this boggled me a while till I thought that it could have been the costume eye.
There is not really a way to tell if we have a real Lucky Irish Clover eye or the costume one as it is not clearly described in the kitty's stats.
(08-13-2013 04:39 AM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote: [ -> ]There is not really a way to tell if we have a real Lucky Irish Clover eye or the costume one as it is not clearly described in the kitty's stats.

Compare the entry on the Pedigree page listing all your cats to the Pedigree View page showing the cat, and it's parents and offspring in a tree view.

The Pedigree View is the only place which shows the non-custume trait values.

All other KittyCatS! web pages, and all in-world information, show the costume values.
(08-13-2013 08:06 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-13-2013 04:39 AM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote: [ -> ]There is not really a way to tell if we have a real Lucky Irish Clover eye or the costume one as it is not clearly described in the kitty's stats.

Compare the entry on the Pedigree page listing all your cats to the Pedigree View page showing the cat, and it's parents and offspring in a tree view.

The Pedigree View is the only place which shows the non-custume trait values.

All other KittyCatS! web pages, and all in-world information, show the costume values.

If you look in the details and it's one of the COSTUME kitties, you should see something like this:

? Lucky Miss Pushy
? 515

Lucky Irish Clover
Fur: Bengal - Silver
Eyes: Passion (Curious|Small)
Shade: Natural
Tail: Genesis
Ears: Mysterious
Whiskers: White (Guitar)
Size: Normal

note the "Lucky Irish Clover" designation at the top. The shown eye is the non-costume and the hidden is the Lucky Irish (by definition).

Since you got the sublime out and the lucky irish falls between sublime and rainbow, i'd wager that the Lucky Irish cat was indeed a costume cat that passed his shown sublime instead of hidden lucky irish
Reference URL's