KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Need Advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi i need some advice. i have quite a few kittycats and have been breeding them. my SL situation has changed for the worse and i cant afford to keep them all. i did rent a place at the kittycat shack but no buyers. i dont want to just pick them up and put in my inventory bc they will get sick. if anyone has advice plzzzz pass along. anyone looking for kittycats let me know. some i would probably just give away but some i need to sell. i am going to keep a few as pets. feel free to contact inworld as well, ty all for all your help along this journey. its breaking my heart to have to give up most of my precious babies Sad
here is the LM to the shop i rented
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lafew/87/18/41
i also added attachments of some of my NB kitties. i definitely have more kitties.i guess only allowed so many attachments.

[attachment=1349]
I think a lot of us have gone through what you're going through, but hang in there.

I tried making my own store to consolidate rents. I tried going with less expensive rentals to sell. I found that setting up shop in a higher traffic area, even if the rent is higher paid off better.

At one time I had around 90 kitties, but just couldn't afford it anymore. So I cut back to 20. I now do my best to keep between 30 and 40 kitties.

I started making things to try and help pay for my addiction. (I really enjoy making things for the kitty and breedable market) I don't make hardly anything at it, but love doing it. It's not the best way to help pay for kibble and milk, at least not for me, lol I spend more on things to use to make things than I make. (it's my other addiction lol)

With the online cattery, it saved a lot on rent, because now I don't have to have so many prims for my kitties. I keep some in world to enjoy and most in cattery and swap them around so I can enjoy them all.

I tried to find your shop, but you don't have it listed in your pics, and you have no link in your post. These are good ways for ppl to know where your shop is and could draw in more business.

You can run sales and post them in the live, box and sales section of forums. And send notices in kitty sales groups, but suggest you keep those notices to a minimum, because too much spamming really turns ppl off to shopping at your shops.

These are examples of my experiences and things I've tried. You may have better luck at some of these than I did.

A long time ago a collectible dealer gave me some good advice. He told me to only buy what I can afford, and only buy what I will enjoy. Don't buy with the idea of making money because the market is always changing.
I find this to be the same with kitties. Do what you can afford and enjoy it while you do, because the market is always changing.
here is the LM to my place im renting and i have kitties at my SL home.

The Kat Shack - A KittyCats Secondary Marketplace, Lafew (88, 19, 40) - Moderate
my shop is called the puuurrfect kitty. the ones at home. you will need to contact me. i have pics if you want to see. ty to all again. Heart
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lafew/87/18/41 Went to your shop and got the lm for you. Smile
I'm very sorry you have to go through all this Undecided
And the best advice I can give if you would like to continue with breeding, besides having pets, is breeding within an hobby budget without taking sales in consideration at all, and see sales really as a bonus to buy this new skin or clothes or something nice IRL.
Certainly during the summer season, every SL merchant feels this season in the pocket by having lesser income just because there are not so much people on the grid as during the winter season.
I think you will breed happier with just a few breeders you can afford and have created a RL hobby budget for than a lot which need to be able to pay for their food.

P.S. I just thought of something.
With gender on the box it is easier to put certain projects on hold, if you own both genders to continue, till you have the space again in your cattery to feed them.
And also it is really no crime to put kitties in your inventory I have thought the same for a very very long time and now I miss these kitties because I thought they were better off in menagerie.
Reference URL's