KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: New 1.32 HUD bug?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't know if it is a bug but in the new hud the "Animation > Follow" button is missing.
Don't think its a bug, that would make all your kitties follow you. I think its left out on purpose
What? No stampedes?
(08-12-2013 08:07 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote: [ -> ]
What? No stampedes?

Oh HELL YAH!

A STAMPEDE button would totally ROCK!

Give Tad a case of them new reissued Twinkies.
I'm busy with something else, so rarely in Second Life recently, or I'd do it.

But, it should only take a few minutes to make a HUD-like object which would provide you with a KittyCatS! STAMPEDE!!!

Maybe you can prevail upon whoever it is that's selling that HUD knock-off to do it for you?

Personally, I'm a bit disappointed that they added this feature. KittyCatS! are becoming such a high-lag product.
(08-12-2013 03:40 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, I'm a bit disappointed that they added this feature. KittyCatS! are becoming such a high-lag product.

I for one disagree with this statement, I have not seen any more or less lag from our adorable kitties and I am curious how you have come to this conclusion if you have not been on KC or SL recently. I think the new additions they have made to the kitties has made them more life like and enjoyable especially for the pet owners. It is also possible that any additional lag seen could be the result of the new "improvements" SL has been making in general, now they are the ones who make changes and increase lag because they implement something before it is fully ready and then wonder why people complain about problems. My point is this, I feel KC takes a lot of time and thought into the updates they put out, they want to make sure that it can be done while still maintaining the enjoyment we currently have with the kitties. Probably why so many times we ask for things in feedback and seemingly don't see any answer, I think they do see it and want to make sure it can be done without ruining said experience. So I fail to see how KC has become "such a high-lag product" based on this feature.
Each KittyCatS! has so many assets that the recent update had to make allowances for the asset and inventory servers not being able to provide a full list of them. This was claimed to be a Second Life bug, but it was caused by the huge inventory each cat carries.

KittyCatS! have so many textures, including sculpt maps, that regions with a large number of cats are taking longer and longer to fully display. Consider: with 15,000 prims available, and at 2 prims per box, it is possible to have 7,500 cats on a region. Each box uses six (I think, might be seven) textures, including the sculpt map. That means it's possible (even probable) that at a region with a large number of cats, we won't fully see the region until we have downloaded an image for Fur/Ear combination, a shadow for each, as well as EVERY Eye combination, and EVERY Whisker combination. The only shared resources are the generic box texture and the sculpt map. And that's just boxes.

KittyCatS! have a LOT of scripts. Even when not running, those scripts take up resources.

KittyCatS! are physical, and move, taking time out of each slice for the physics engine to determine if they have collided.

KittyCatS! always have a listen, which hears everything in range, consuming processing time.

KittyCatS! always have a web socket open, consuming resources.

And, now, we have a script which, when running, waits for the owner to move, do some (sounds like: non-Pathfinding) "path finding" and moves the cat to follow the avatar.

To my mind, KittyCatS! is not making the effort to reduce their contribution to lag and, in fact, with every new feature, is doing more to make it worse.

And "recent" does not mean "the past year or two" it means "the past few weeks". Don't forget, also, that I do have to listen to Charm complain every time she needs to go to a high cat count region. So I don't need to ever log in to be fully aware it's been a growing problem for the past couple of years.

On thinking about it: the Big Win would be to redesign the 2D ("image") modes to use discrete textures instead of the logarithmically growing number of combinations. This would not only greatly improve the in-world experience, it would greatly improve load times for the web pages, as well. This problem has gotten so bad that there has even been some "staff-lag" getting the textures you need uploaded to the various servers so your "image" mode cats and boxes, Pedigree Views, and Cattery, display correctly.
Hi Tad,

Thank you for your concern. We'd like to take this opportunity to clarify a few things.

The bug which can't find a script is indeed an SL bug. It can be reproduced with a standard wooden prim box containing nothing more then 2 scripts with 5 lines of code.
The problem started to occur after Linden Lab did a rolling restart a few months ago.

As we aim to increase features and functionality to our cats, we are ever mindful of how that may effect resources of our customers. So it is with the most care and caution we do add them always outweighing the benefit to any cost for performance.
Physical movement for example looks more natural to us, and can in no way be compared to non physical movement.

Similar to how the code of other software grows, so does ours, and so grow the abilities of servers and computers as well.

While adding functionality sometimes means using more SL resources, in the past years we have made changes and added features which worked the other way around also. This update for example removed several scripts in both 2D and low prim mode compared to the previous versions, and uses less script memory that way.

Our Online Cattery has offered breeders with the ability to manage their parcel resources a lot better too.
Script time has stayed constant overtime.

2D prim mode was designed to reduce the amount of prims. Reducing the amount of textures would in this case mean increasing the amount of prims.
Low prim mode is as with many of our features optional to the user.

Thank you for your concern and know that we are making a continual effort to provide the most features we can, with of course, the least impact to resources.

Regards
Your KittyCatS Team.
Okay the only time I've experienced high lag ( walking in place or walking across sim without me hitting a key) is at one sim but even that is explained based on various things such as my network, sl being stupid and time of day that i go to it. Other than that I still fail to see how the claim that the new update has increased lag. I have well over 40+ cats on a single skybox and except for the comical headless kitty at times I see no increase in lag that can not be explained by the previous reasons stated. I am sorry if your friend is having issues but I think it is unfair to blame it on KC. I have seen nothing but wonderful support from them and I know they work very hard to make things as smooth as possible, it is sad you can not see that or that it does not live up to your expectations.
I have a problem, after the update I checked a ball that gives me the ID of the cat. tells me copy-delete me. What should I do?
[10:58] KittyCats - Moon: ID: 6fe5fbf5-41ef-cbc8-17ff-2d1d2f194e56
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's