KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: hope its okay to ask here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm asking this because i see the KC group not just as a group of people in love with cats rl and sl, but as a second family that helps each other when we can. I am in need of some legal advice and finding it has been very difficult so far, the local Legal aid office has been unresponisive, so I didn't know if there was anyone famililar with family law that i could talk to, preferably in the CT area, I have a few questions that I need some answers to. I know it is not KC related and i am sorry if i am posting in the wrong group but I am honestly at my wits end right now trying to find some help. Any help anyone can direct would be a blessing, thank you for reading.

Tatiana cheng.
I found an In World group Law and Lawyers »
But it seems this is a group for Lawyers only.
Maybe it is worth a try to contact the founder to see if he can help you finding the right person.
The founder's name is: WebLawyer Lytton

Take Care!

Kay
Tatiana, have you tried contacting your state bar association? many times lawyers will give a free first time consultations. a referral from the bar association may help you get answers to your questions & perhaps find an attorney who will work pro bono for you.

good luck!
When I needed help, I found:

- most "legal aid" offices ONLY handle specific family-court matters.
- even then, they're usually quite back-logged, so getting their attention can be hard
- asking for a manager might get you past the "catcher" to someone who will actually listen
- most "family court" matters they handle are heavily biased in favor of mothers-with-children
- as a result, having a female place the call works better than having a male do it

Being, basically, a single father at the time, I gave up. I was eventually able to get help, though, because the mother of the children was terminal cancer, and the cancer societies were FAR more receptive to lending us assistance.

So, if your circumstances allow it, you might be able to obtain the assistance you need elsewhere.
thank you all for your support, I will look into all the advice that has been given. It really means a lot to me, may God bless you all as you have blessed me.
I hope things are going better for you and that you found your answers.

Wishing you the best. Heart
Reference URL's