KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: How Many Cats Did You Breed To Get Your Royal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This is a simple survey - If you have bred any KittyCats! since 00:01 SLT on Aug 1, the start of the Royal Kitty period, how many pairs of cats did it take to get your Royal Kitty?

If you also tried with an Alt, please include that number.

My own statistic is 10 pairs bred so far and NO Royal. Thats is 0/10.

I have loaned two of my 100% cats to friends who did not have a pair of 100% cats to breed, and BOTH got a Royal on the first try! I loaned by selling them my 100% cat for $1, and after breeding, I bought it back for $1. So since I was not the owner of these cats when they made a Royal, they don't count for me. And of course the friends kept the Royal, I only got back an exhausted cat.

I would think if everyone still had no Royal cats after ten attempts, there would be a few disappointed owners out there (to put it mildly.)

So, what are your numbers? Am I just an unlucky outlier, or is this typical?

Thanks, Shamu
um 2 on mine
I am up to 0/11 now.

About to file a ticket and see what they say.
It took me a couple of breeds I think 10+
My alt though had one right away.
I'm affraid this is part of the randomness.
I'm sorry for you that you have not received a Royal birth yet.
I bred my first ever pair, didn't get a Royal. Bred my second ever pair, BOOYAH. :-)
OK, Up to 0/12 tries now and nothing, and I am DONE!

Luck? I wonder... My food and milk bill was L$15,000 this month, so I am out of the game now.

(:
Shamu
While it's entirely possible to have a run of bad luck, I wonder: did that Avatar already have a Royal? You only get one per Avatar.

Charm and I have been running some ALTs. I think Charm got hers in two or three boxes. I got mine in 2. One ALT got one right off, another in 2.

Last St Patrick's day, I remember on ALT took 12 or 13. So long runs CAN occur.
(08-04-2013 03:31 PM)Shamu077 Resident Wrote: [ -> ]This is a simple survey - If you have bred any KittyCats! since 00:01 SLT on Aug 1, the start of the Royal Kitty period, how many pairs of cats did it take to get your Royal Kitty?

If you also tried with an Alt, please include that number.

My own statistic is 10 pairs bred so far and NO Royal. Thats is 0/10.

I have loaned two of my 100% cats to friends who did not have a pair of 100% cats to breed, and BOTH got a Royal on the first try! I loaned by selling them my 100% cat for $1, and after breeding, I bought it back for $1. So since I was not the owner of these cats when they made a Royal, they don't count for me. And of course the friends kept the Royal, I only got back an exhausted cat.

I would think if everyone still had no Royal cats after ten attempts, there would be a few disappointed owners out there (to put it mildly.)

So, what are your numbers? Am I just an unlucky outlier, or is this typical?

Thanks, Shamu

I bred 3 pairs, 3rd pair got a royal, but a friend did the same number and didn't get one and doubt she will.. sorry you didn't get one.
(08-04-2013 09:55 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote: [ -> ]While it's entirely possible to have a run of bad luck, I wonder: did that Avatar already have a Royal? You only get one per Avatar.

Charm and I have been running some ALTs. I think Charm got hers in two or three boxes. I got mine in 2. One ALT got one right off, another in 2.

Last St Patrick's day, I remember on ALT took 12 or 13. So long runs CAN occur.

Both of the friends I loaned a 100% cat too were NOT Alts. And neither had any Royal cats before, in fact they had only one 100% cat ready to breed, and both got the Royal on the first try, with my two different 100% cats. I was NOT the owner of either cat I loaned when it was bred. I sold them before breeding so my friends would be the owner of the Royal. And so I would not lose my eligibility for my one Royal kitten.

After they got a Royal, they sold the 0% cats back to me. I am not an Alt and as one avatar, I have never produced a Royal in 12 tries. I also tried one pair with my Alt, and got nothing, but not surprised there.

I am wondering now if this is a bug in the programming. That is, since I now own 2 cats that did produce a Royal, but not with me as the owner, that Kittycats! logic thinks I already have a Royal, since I now own one of the parents again. Long strings have a low probability too, and I am not wasting more cats to prove I can never get one.

Shamu
Each Avatar gets one, and no more. If you didn't own the cat when it the Royal was produced, you have not gotten any and are still eligible to get one.

It's not "can never get". It's simple luck. We don't know the odds, but as a rough guess I'd say it's something like 1-in-4, per box. That would put the odds of a run of 10 at around 1 in a Million; unlikely, but not extremely unlikely. About twice a likely as being killed by lightning. And about 200 times more likely than winning Powerball.

The thing about randomness .. we have to expect the occasional long run. In fact, if we never saw one, then it's not random. It sucks to be the victim of a run of bad luck, but some has to be, sometimes, or the game would not be fair.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's